• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

All my rain for this event fell in a 20 min downpour yesterday morning lol. Have had a few light sprinkles and some drizzle since.

I will say this about yesterday, it was pretty clear that the heavier convection was going to be spotty, with more places than not missing out. The "bust" in the forecast, if there is one, is the more widespread rain has not developed with the coastal low and looking at the guidance it still looks as though a lot of places may miss out on any significant rain through today. Forecast for 1-1.5" here last night through today looks like a fail.

• Like 1

We actually got rain overnight.  Sump pump is running frequently and there are streams of water running through my backyard.  Too bad it couldn't happen when I was awake to see it.  Nearby PWS show anywhere from 1.5 to 2.3".  Have to check the gage in a bit, but don't think I missed the overnight stuff.  I'll have to take back my bust call, I suppose, but - again - this was another spotty storm.  

*eta:  almost 2" since midnight.  .2" yesterday, and .23" Friday.

Picked up 1.00" overnight.  A pond has formed in a low spot at the back of my yard.  That happens occasionally, particularly with significant snow melt when the ground has yet to thaw.  But I think I have only ever seen this much water there once before, after a thunderstorm dropped 3"+ in an hour several years ago.  This looks to remain for a while though unlike that time when runoff took care of it pretty quickly.

Now 9.95" the past 29 days.

1.22 yesterday in my areabof Woodbridge, .08 so far this morning with mod rain on doorstep. Rain bands curled north and south of DC proper yesterday.  10 miles southeast of me had 4 inches. 10 miles northeast had .2. Spotty for sure. 

26 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Some of it was banding, some was probably a slight orographic effect.

It is coming down now.  Nice tropical-like rainfall.

Yea these showers are producing and the breeze adds effect. Gotta see if that blob to the south makes it up here.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Cool ..dry and  breezy here . 

Same here. Pretty uncanny how my yard has just missed about every heavy rain band yesterday, last night , and again today. My total is 0.42".

I am pretty happy about it though, because I need my wetland to start drying out. Just took a trek back into the woods to throw more dunkers in, and its still more expansive than normal for early June.

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

We actually got rain overnight.  Sump pump is running frequently and there are streams of water running through my backyard.  Too bad it couldn't happen when I was awake to see it.  Nearby PWS show anywhere from 1.5 to 2.3".  Have to check the gage in a bit, but don't think I missed the overnight stuff.  I'll have to take back my bust call, I suppose, but - again - this was another spotty storm.  

*eta:  almost 2" since midnight.  .2" yesterday, and .23" Friday.

So over 2 inches of rain I see...

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Pivot!  Blowing and drifting later?

I can't believe I need to wear a jacket to run errands on June 3.  About 0.6 new so far today.

I'll just pretend that this is a winter event and that those bands pivoting in are bringing 2"/hr snows

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic