Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs Thread

George BM

31 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Based on radar and HRRR, seems like a lot of this could be southwest of us. NAM is a little more encouraging.

the flow becomes more favorable later this afternoon it looks like which might be out of the hrrr range of utility.  i think we might be in somewhat of a holding pattern until the va low takes shape and we get more of a moisture influx off the atlantic.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, osfan24 said:

Guessing Flash Flood Warnings will be going out soon for those small areas being impacted by that band stretching from just west of the bay onto the Eastern Shore. That thing is not moving at all.

I am on the NE part of that band. Picked up 0.35" in 15 mins. It stopped for a awhile, but picking back up now. Looks like places southwest of me are getting hit hard.

Looks like south central VA and eastern West Virginia are going to be the jackpots. Those areas are already getting smashed.

Other places will probably have sporadic showers from time to time. The West Virginia jack was model indicated but not the south central VA jack. That one is a surprise.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

A slow moving/ nearly stationary line of heavy rain has developed here. Extends back to the SW over the bay. Thats where the heavier stuff is and it's not moving much. Looks like places like St Michaels are getting a deluge.

Congrats on the heavy rain! Take a jebwalk in it for me.

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Full sun now.  Hot and humid.  Pouring sweat.

The flood watch must have been for the sunlight flooding the ground with UV..

Or your pouring sweat..

I had the one downpour but now its just muggy with stuff popping in every direction. Of course I dont want the excessive rain like you do lol. If I end up with an inch through tomorrow night I will be happy.

USPS just delivered my mosquito dunks. Round 5 going in probably tomorrow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived