Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

Just over 8" for the month of May. Only about a quarter of an inch last night, despite some booming thunder. I need to stay on this roll of missing most of the heavy rains over the past week or so. Mosquitoes are swarming the last 2 days, despite all the larvicide applications I have done since early March. Usually that does the trick, but this is one of those Springs. Time to spray some bad stuff- I need a fast knockdown of the adults so I can actually function outside.

43 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Big downward trend in rainfall potential for tomorrow...horrible. Another bust.

I noticed that as well. Not seeing really any kind of flash flooding potential with this one. Just looks like a cool day with some steady rain.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, osfan24 said:

I noticed that as well. Not seeing really any kind of flash flooding potential with this one. Just looks like a cool day with some steady rain.

Not sure I agree.    Saturday still has moderate instability with big PWs.     If you look at the GFS, it looks "rainy", but it still has temps in the 80s.    The details on the NAM3 suggest a convective  element, so there will likely be some major rainers.     Sunday is the cool (almost chilly), raw, showery day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoda said:

That shows at least 5 inches in the past month for @EastCoast NPZ :lol:

It also shows 100% more than that just 2-3 miles to my north, northeast, and northwest, and at least 40 - 60% more in every direction around me.

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I think that map is even undercounting the precip as it ends at 8pm yesterday.

With yesterday's .65", I got just about 6.5" for the month. The problem?  See above.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr looks busy later this evening 

Yeah it looks better each run, especially for those closer to DC and those farther west. NAMs also look interesting for tonight now. GFS looks pretty boring for tomorrow while NAMs seem a bit more impressed.

33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Here's the latest for 11pm ish. NPZ crushed.Look like decent rainers too...north of Hagerstown has flood advisory out with that current cell . Also a warned cell for quarter hail near Culpeper,Va

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_6.png

Lol.  2 nights ago it gave me 2+ inches.  I got .01".

I'll take the under.  Way under.

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Radar looks to be blossoming esp due west of  DC .

Looks like it's blossoming more up around Hagerstown and just south of there to me. Looks like it's going to go north of DC, though there is an area of heavy rain expanding down by Fredericksburg and Dale City.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic