• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter

George BM

great win. kicking myself a little bit for not watching the game downtown, but my shoddy meniscus was not feelin' standing for 5 hours lol. i am, however, celebrating with some eagle rare.  it really is the goat of affordable bourbons.

now let's see if the nats can do something in a few months.  can't sleep on them either.

What a fantastic game by the CAPS to win it!!!!!  OMG 43 years and I've waited most of my life to see this team finally win the cup.  No more Ovie can't win, no more this team can't win the big one, no more anything.

How can you root against someone like Oshie who has a dad suffering from Alzheimer's and how emotional he was? 

They did it!!!!!!

stanley-cup-capitals-golden-knights-hock

• Like 5

This ends forever that Ovie isn't one of the greatest players ever.  He is.  He earned this, deserved this and won it.  Possibly the greatest goal scorer ever considering how the game has changed and he gets to now say

STANLEY CUP CHAMPION

We were down in D.C. last night in the thick of it around the arena during the first and second period and had a great time, but it was the only time in my life that I feared a crowd.  We got separated but managed to escape and watch the 3rd period on a big screen in Penn Quarters.  Stanley Cup Champions.  Amazing.  I can't wait to get home today from work and watch it again.

By the way, the April banter thread beginning around p. 18 is a fun read.  A lot of us thought the Caps were just about dead after the Blue Jackets took those first two games.  What a run!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

They deserve it. What a great postseason. Ovy was just a beast. It wasn't just his scoring, his blocking shots and hustle clearing pucks were just amazing. What a victory. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I am soooo happy for him and the rest of the team. My 43 year nightmare has finally come to an end. Now if only my 35 year nightmare with the O's would ever end. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else having trouble with allergies the last week or so? I can't tell if I have a cold or allergies but I've got a scratchy throat, cough, cotton-head, and feeling lethargic and tired. I need to shake this quick because summer is almost officially here.

yea, mine kicked in again the last week or so.  probably just a delayed season because of all the rain.  not terrible, but noticeable.

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else having trouble with allergies the last week or so? I can't tell if I have a cold or allergies but I've got a scratchy throat, cough, cotton-head, and feeling lethargic and tired. I need to shake this quick because summer is almost officially here.

There is a virus going around.  Everyone in my family has had it within the past 2 weeks or so.  Several people at my work also.   I have it now too.

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

There is a virus going around.  Everyone in my family has had it within the past 2 weeks or so.  Several people at my work also.   I have it now too.

Yeah. This isn’t allergies. At least it’s progressing into something else. I’d rather it get worse quick and be on its way, which seems to be happening.

A day out in the sun while fully medicated helped to morph it too. Go Caps!

• Haha 1

it's not that i love the heat, but i don't understand how anyone can prefer temps in the 30s to temps in the 90s.  there's something about that stanky humid, insects everywhere, greenery feel when biking/hiking or even playing sports that i miss.  worst case, pools get a workout.

seasonal order for me is probably summer, spring, fall, winter.  

On 6/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah. This isn’t allergies. At least it’s progressing into something else. I’d rather it get worse quick and be on its way, which seems to be happening.

A day out in the sun while fully medicated helped to morph it too. Go Caps!

My family definitely has it. Sore throat, digestive issues, absolutely knocked us on our rear ends.

56 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

My family definitely has it. Sore throat, digestive issues, absolutely knocked us on our rear ends.

I'm sorry to hear it. I think that I'm through the worst of it but it was a rough few days. Yesterday I fell asleep at 6pm, and other than getting up for some water and more medicine a couple of times, I slept right through until I had to get up at 5 this morning. Today is much better and I even had the energy to cut the lawn this evening, but I have a feeling this cough is going to linger for a week or more.

Hope you and the family are feeling better soon. We can't waste these summer days!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 3:47 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

You might be allergic to molds.

possible. i've never been checked specifically for allergies, but i've had them from april to june ever since i was a kid.  seldane was the 'ish back in the day.  that stuff destroyed my allergies.  allegra and patanol seem to work now, but as i've gotten older they've definitely gotten less.  my eyes take the biggest hit when i'm around too much pollen, but the other symptoms are pretty tolerable.

might get a new mountain bike.  if there's any bikers here that have suggestions, let me know.  i've had a trek 3700 for 10 years lol, but it's been going (only had to replace a derailleur).  might go with the x caliber 7 or 8...possibly the marlin 6 or 7.  still debating since i don't need it right away.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic