Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter

George BM

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Interesting.  Maybe on their end? Maintenance or something.  I use it because it allows me to post pics otherwise I can't on the regular site. I don't have a desk top computer either.

Wouldn't know what to do without a desk top. Guess that is because I am just an old fogie. Hate using smart phones because it takes me forever to type out a sentence.

• Haha 1

Really doesn't mean much at this point in time but I am bored and I miss the winter so here it is. ENSO at this time is a solid neutral (Niño 4 0.2ºC Niño 3.4 0.0ºC Niño 3 0.2ºC Niño 1+2 -0.1ºC) though we have seen somewhat decent warming for the last several months. ENSO Outlook show equal chances of a neutral or a Nino Fall through early winter (around 45%) and then slightly favors a Nino through the heart of winter. Nina chances from now through the duration are projected at roughly 10%.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I might have to. I can't find any other forum apps for Android that have americanwx available. 

In all seriousness, if you want our old one I will just give it to you. Need to copy some old files and pics and then wipe the hard drive but that is about it. Think I even have an old printer if you would like.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

1985 Old? ...just messin. Appreciate the offer bit I'll figure it out eventually.  I perform everything on my note 8 including all aspects of my electrical business ..its incredible.  My first job I didn't even have a phone much less a smart phone lol.

Nah more like 2010-11 range if I remember correctly. Think we were running XP on it. You would need to get a new OS for it though. Was a high end computer at the time. But anyway, if you have any interest just give me a holler.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2018 at 3:20 PM, Cobalt said:

Never knew there was a derecho in 2008. How did it stack up to 2012?

The June 4, 2008 derecho was a lower end event but IAD gusted to 59 mph and DCA gusted to 58 mph. In general lots of locations gusted up to low-end severe levels (58-65mph).

June 4, 2008 251pm edt

570143436_6042008251pmedt.PNG.9123a52cf74dbe790a883d3d52672354.PNG

ETA: Amwx is being Amwx so I could only upload one image even though I was not at my 1.95MB limit yet. 

ETA: Until the 2012 derecho this was arguably the best region-wide event after the turn of the century (only the far northern and far southern areas missed out).

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, showmethesnow said:

Really doesn't mean much at this point in time but I am bored and I miss the winter so here it is. ENSO at this time is a solid neutral (Niño 4 0.2ºC Niño 3.4 0.0ºC Niño 3 0.2ºC Niño 1+2 -0.1ºC) though we have seen somewhat decent warming for the last several months. ENSO Outlook show equal chances of a neutral or a Nino Fall through early winter (around 45%) and then slightly favors a Nino through the heart of winter. Nina chances from now through the duration are projected at roughly 10%.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

Enso and this would be great...

9 hours ago, Stormpc said:

And, arguably, they were outplayed.  I know...scoreboard is all that counts, but they need to tighten up a little or else this is going 6 or 7. 

I don't know about outplayed. It was definitely closer than the scoreboard indicated. Hitting those 2 posts were definitely good luck for us. 

Anyone interested in seeing these bands perform later this summer, in Bristow VA? i have two tickets available for each. Under the pavilion. 

Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson: 7/21/2018
Avenged Sevenfold / Prophets of Rage: 8/1/2018
Godsmack / Shinedown: 8/19/2018

let me know. :) 

18 hours ago, George BM said:

The June 4, 2008 derecho was a lower end event but IAD gusted to 59 mph and DCA gusted to 58 mph. In general lots of locations gusted up to low-end severe levels (58-65mph).

June 4, 2008 251pm edt

570143436_6042008251pmedt.PNG.9123a52cf74dbe790a883d3d52672354.PNG

ETA: Amwx is being Amwx so I could only upload one image even though I was not at my 1.95MB limit yet. 

ETA: Until the 2012 derecho this was argument the best region-wide event after the turn of the century (only the far northern and far southern areas missed out).

What made that event so great was its sustainability. The big line in midafternoon, of course, but there were two or three other rounds: one about 5 or 6 and the another shortly thereafter. I don't think things quieted down entirely until about 11. The midafternoon storm caused the most havoc (at least around NW DC), but the other rounds certainly had plenty of T&L with them. In some ways, it was better than the 2012 derecho: we didn't lose power and have to suffer w/o a/c for days afterwards during a heat wave, the storms started up in daylight, and it was a long-duration event (10 hours of storms or anticipating storms) and not just one big shove.   

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Maybe it's just me, but the mobile web view of this forum works just fine.  In today's world of cross platform, responsive frameworks, third party apps seem unnecessary to view forums.

Agree with this.  Once the capability to upload via mobile browser was introduced, I deleted Tapatalk.

1 hour ago, 09-10 analogy said:

What made that event so great was its sustainability. The big line in midafternoon, of course, but there were two or three other rounds: one about 5 or 6 and the another shortly thereafter. I don't think things quieted down entirely until about 11. The midafternoon storm caused the most havoc (at least around NW DC), but the other rounds certainly had plenty of T&L with them. In some ways, it was better than the 2012 derecho: we didn't lose power and have to suffer w/o a/c for days afterwards during a heat wave, the storms started up in daylight, and it was a long-duration event (10 hours of storms or anticipating storms) and not just one big shove.   

Very true indeed. An awesome day.

:wacko: *arguably* I meant to change it from 'argument'.

Is today National Maryland Driver Pride day?

On my commute I encountered multiple people driving under the speed limit in the passing lane, people cutting me off while moving from the slow lane to the #2 lane only to slow down, people refusing to allow on ramp traffic to merge then flipping them off when that car attempted to merge since the lane was ending, and a person absolutely clueless on how to navigate a roundabout.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Is today National Maryland Driver Pride day?

On my commute I encountered multiple people driving under the speed limit in the passing lane, people cutting me off while moving from the slow lane to the #2 lane only to slow down, people refusing to allow on ramp traffic to merge then flipping them off when that car attempted to merge since the lane was ending, and a person absolutely clueless on how to navigate a roundabout.

Roundabouts in this country should be abolished.  What a disaster.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic