Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm typically  all in for extreme or just non boring weather but I sure hope the York street rods nationals is rain free tonight and tomorrow.  Been looking forward to driving my GN up and cruisin:pepsi:. Ocean city car cruise was a total washout and I had to cancel . Latest guidance actually looks drier for us northerners so crossing my fingers .

Oh wow. I last went there in about 1986. (Very hot, sunny day I think). Had a friend who had since sold his '56 Chevy but really wanted a true street rod, so we went to York. Gearhead heaven.

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so I only like a hand full of covers by bands. Most over crap the song they are covering. 

But I just heard Weezer cover Toto’s Africa. It is Bitchin’!!

Good stuff!  Do you know the story behind this? Weezer fans have been trying to get them to do a cover of "Africa" for awhile, and then they did do a cover, but of "Rosanne."  It's an entertaining story and worth a.Google, but here's where it apparently started.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_au/article/pazg3g/meet-the-hero-teen-determined-to-convince-weezer-to-cover-totos-africa

• Like 1

Picked up a 2018 Parabola from Firestone. Question is, how long will I be able to look at it in it's pretty little box before my jonesing overwhelms. I dont think it survives the weekend. lol.

Currently sipping on a Dino S'mores from Off Color. Pretty "light" and balanced Russian Imperial. Not hoppy at all. Hints of vanilla and lots of dark chocolate and a bit of dark fruit. Smooth and very drinkable. Good stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Good stuff!  Do you know the story behind this? Weezer fans have been trying to get them to do a cover of "Africa" for awhile, and then they did do a cover, but of "Rosanne."  It's an entertaining story and worth a.Google, but here's where it apparently started.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_au/article/pazg3g/meet-the-hero-teen-determined-to-convince-weezer-to-cover-totos-africa

Yes i just heard the story today. Pretty neat that she has a Twitter page that got them to do it. 

Today is one of those mornings when a I wake up, shake out the cobwebs, and then celebrate that I didn't do anything too stupid last night. A buddy and I got into a friend's Belgian sour homebrews last night and let our hair down so to speak. Now I'm debating whether a little nip of Irish whiskey in my coffee will put me back on even keel.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Today is one of those mornings when a I wake up, shake out the cobwebs, and then celebrate that I didn't do anything too stupid last night. A buddy and I got into a friend's Belgian sour homebrews last night and let our hair down so to speak. Now I'm debating whether a little nip of Irish whiskey in my coffee will put me back on even keel.

That can only help!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

For [mention=1005]C.A.P.E.[/mention]I saw a couple SRT8s cruise by on route 30 in York but none parked .Here's some pics of my 87 GN . Those Punch amps are 30 years old and still put out clean power . The car has run a best of 10.90 @ 125 mph

92bbb202f44f3210b8acd5706226888f.jpg&key=f8acc45ae20fcaaefb1e6e6c266441003d7653e7a75e28fe210d9372e24796ae309e50d0ba7e689e2f13e8ecd185cc7b.jpg&key=7fe3bb9ebfbbd6733fa925b2fea542ec0dd1b8c0b888b0f6d9f385ab0369582379b66fdf226ab041acbdabf9a89a848b.jpg&key=cda21386c52736fca851f9feb4e7a16fb6a86c1a92c9bcccc15da227a4f170bd90cfa53177e3856ae743f9ca6e8731c0.jpg&key=42775000c226b3f23f3d9b8441010ba8514c147afcaf90b01ac21fcf67f32160

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Damn that is an impressive quarter mile time. Must have it pretty heavily modded. The GN was a great sleeper, with the turbocharged 3.8. In those days they were blowing the doors off the vettes lol. That was awesome.

Here is my SRT8. Pretty much stock other than the Borla exhaust. Supposedly turns 13.2 in the quarter mile, but I dont race it. Trying to sell it because I have had it 3 years and thats about as long as I keep a vehicle. Its a daily driver and I drive a lot so it racks up the miles. Only 2k miles on the new engine though.

IMG_8101.thumb.JPG.6337f03e219c733c26c647ccb35c53df.JPG

IMG_8025.thumb.JPG.af4cf93eade232b18302f54e3d5932d7.JPG

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Real Nice!...that's some  pretty fat pipes exiting the rear . Yea...I've had my GN for 24 years and raced every weekend i could from 1995 to 2010 or so .And there was a group  of 6 Buicks including me  that would hang out on the street on weekends ( Glen Burnie, Westminster , but mostly up in Hanover in @showmethesnow s hood - there might still be burn marks in front of his house :D. We'd race on Clearview rd. And Eisenhower Dr. up there)and we owned the street circuit for years ..alot of fun .Went to all the big national turbo Buick events in that time . I just occasionally race it now but without a roll cage ( I refuse to put one in) local  tracks tell me slow it down or leave. I don't have that problem at Buick only events because they don't care...LOL.  As far as mods it's a full weight car except for the fiber glass bumbers. It still retains the 3.8 stock block but with forged internals.  Heavily ported heads, intake, headers, massive downpipe,  bigger turbo , Front mount intercooler,  alcohol injection  mixed w/ 93 gas ...and many many more mods. I tune it with software used on a laptop computer that utilizes 1995 windows and a laptop from 1999..lol :lol:. I didn't have to do much modifications to the stock computer either because these cars were so far ahead of there time. These cars aren't for the non wrenchers ...I had to learn to tune and  fix everything myself over the years . That 1 pic you see the corner of  my dad's 87 turbo T I was working on at the time ...mostly stock .

Reminding me of my teen years when I lived up there. I had a 1964 Chevy II Sport coupe with a 327 I built. Was originally a 194 straight 6 car. Used to cruise all around there and we would race after school on that straight run of Gist Rd. Used to also race down 140 late on a Friday night. Ha those were the days. That stuff just cant happen today. Too many people, cars, and cops.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep. I know Gist rd. Rt.140 in Westminster I heard was a drag haven in the 70s- 80s.I also remember people trailering there cars to i83 just off of exits and racing for big money down 83..lol . And looks didn't mean crap. If I had a dime for every time I raced a car with tubbed wheels , nitros, wheelie bars,  etc and they couldn't keep up with me..:whistle: 

So I am guessing you got beat by an Audi A6 at some point? :P 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Had to look that one up..lol . A 2018 model runs high 12's in the quarter ..pretty quick but I'd still have to spot  it a 15+ car head start for it to have a chance B)

I was referring to your screen name..

lose to a6

Yeah only a gear head like me would think thats what it meant ;) 

Is it a chess reference?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Real Nice!...that's some  pretty fat pipes exiting the rear . Yea...I've had my GN for 24 years and raced every weekend i could from 1995 to 2010 or so .And there was a group  of 6 Buicks including me  that would hang out on the street on weekends ( Glen Burnie, Westminster , but mostly up in Hanover in @showmethesnow s hood - there might still be burn marks in front of his house :D. We'd race on Clearview rd. And Eisenhower Dr. up there)and we owned the street circuit for years ..alot of fun .Went to all the big national turbo Buick events in that time . I just occasionally race it now but without a roll cage ( I refuse to put one in) local  tracks tell me slow it down or leave. I don't have that problem at Buick only events because they don't care...LOL.  As far as mods it's a full weight car except for the fiber glass bumbers. It still retains the 3.8 stock block but with forged internals.  Heavily ported heads, intake, headers, massive downpipe,  bigger turbo , Front mount intercooler,  alcohol injection  mixed w/ 93 gas ...and many many more mods. I tune it with software used on a laptop computer that utilizes 1995 windows and a laptop from 1999..lol :lol:. I didn't have to do much modifications to the stock computer either because these cars were so far ahead of there time. These cars aren't for the non wrenchers ...I had to learn to tune and  fix everything myself over the years . That 1 pic you see the corner of  my dad's 87 turbo T I was working on at the time ...mostly stock .

My ears were burning so I had to check out who was talking about me. :)

Speaking of cars, just bought a new Jeep Renegade for my wife while we were on vacation up at our trailer. I think we are the only people who spend a day of vacation in car lots hunting for a new car.

• Like 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

I thought he was referencing poker with that. As in a pair of 6's.

Ah thats probably it. Something I never play so explains why I wouldn't get it.

I see "A6" and what comes to my mind is the Audi. Its a super nice car and quick. Not as quick as a modded up 1987 GN running on alcohol though lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Anyone else having issues with( tapatalk ) for Android.? It worked great for months now it asks for my password login info and denies it . I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

An error message popped up for me (on an Apple device) when I tried it, so it may be a similar issue. 

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Anyone else having issues with( tapatalk ) for Android.? It worked great for months now it asks for my password login info and denies it . I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

I noticed some serious lag when using my iMAC earlier. A few times the site wouldn't load at all. I figured it was an issue with the server.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic