Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

On the squirrel front, my son was mentioning the road kill surge and pointed it out as we were driving yesterday evening.  In one 30 foot stretch of Rte 2 (in front of the Aubuchon Hardware HQ), there were 6 bodies.

I ran over, check that...a squirrel ran into my tires  the other day. I felt the crush. Poor guy must of had it with the dews. 

3 window units that have been running 24/7 since about June 1st.  No solar, no geo. Nada
We have a municipal electric company in Raynham, Taunton, East Taunton and parts or Dighton. I think their rates are much lower than National Grid. Service is way better too...never lose power and when we do it's rarely for more than an hour or so.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I generally do, but when viciously attacked , threatened, and sworn at . and you guys do nothing . Well that needs fixing 

You don't know when to quit, that's you're problem. You make fun of my post and just keep going at it. What do you expect?  You stop and I will too. And when did I ever threaten you?

10 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

I do not quite understand though why you are trying to show this summer as a 'normal' summer when it comes to dew points. Most of the data we have suggest that this summer is not even close to normal for hours above normal. This summer has seen sustained dew points >75 for hours and days at a time. Even some of the ecological data I work with are showing this to be an exceptionally dewy and moist summer (ticks etc). And Dendrite is correct that many 70 degree dew days do end up lower in the afternoon.

EDIT: Dendrite has the data for hours above 70 as posted above.

First of all, I'm not saying this summer was normal.  In Fact I've pointed out several times how exceptional having back to back months with high Dp's is.  In terms of hours at or above a 70° Dp this summer takes the cake (I even said that in a previous post).  However, it's not like those hours were consecutive.  Second, I'm just showing different data in a different way because there are different factors that go into the equation.  Take it for what you want. 

17 hours ago, dendrite said:

pwmdews.png

Thanks.  Considering that 1988 had high dews only a few days in June and about average in July, that August run stands out.  Of course, this year it was the end of June thru this past Wednesday, two whole months with only a few breaks here and there.  My August temps show the summer's character - average max was 9th warmest of 21, average min the warmest of all.  Afternoon heat was AN, morning lows set records.  The huge TDs slowed overnight cooling and also kept temps from rocketing quite as fast in the daytime.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I’d put a bullet in myself if I saw a $400+ electric bill.  Think last one was $160.

If your in Taunton it looks like you are on municipal power which costs a fraction of what you would pay through eversource. I had municipal power when I lived in a town in CT and it was literally half of what I was paying when I bought my house and had eversource. 

Power in New England is crazy expensive. CT has the most expensive power in the lower 48. We pay almost the same as they do in Alaska. 

This chart form the eia is a real eye opener. This is a average and includes lower cost municipal providers. I have solar panels but last time i crunched numbers a few years back after all the fees, delivery charges, etc I was paying almost .30 kwh!

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.php?t=epmt_5_6_a

19 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Driving south on I-91, scattered foliage color nearly to New Haven. Mostly healthy green foliage.

We drove down to my wife's parents house last night and Rt. 21 to Ludlow had a surprising number of trees starting to go. The upper foot or so of burning bushes along driveways too.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

If your in Taunton it looks like you are on municipal power which costs a fraction of what you would pay through eversource. I had municipal power when I lived in a town in CT and it was literally half of what I was paying when I bought my house and had eversource. 

Power in New England is crazy expensive. CT has the most expensive power in the lower 48. We pay almost the same as they do in Alaska. 

This chart form the eia is a real eye opener. This is a average and includes lower cost municipal providers. I have solar panels but last time i crunched numbers a few years back after all the fees, delivery charges, etc I was paying almost .30 kwh!

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.php?t=epmt_5_6_a

I have eversource. 2500sq ft home running AC 24/7 haven’t had a bill over $180.

5 hours ago, butterfish55 said:
5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:
3 window units that have been running 24/7 since about June 1st.  No solar, no geo. Nada

We have a municipal electric company in Raynham, Taunton, East Taunton and parts or Dighton. I think their rates are much lower than National Grid. Service is way better too...never lose power and when we do it's rarely for more than an hour or so.

TMLP for the win

• Like 1