Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Hit 150 balls at the range, drenched from head to toe. What an awful summer for anything besides weenie deep in cool water. 

I just straight up stopped golfing the past few weeks as my days off coincided with the hottest weather. Hoping I get a quick 9 in later after work. What are your guys thoughts, we really going to get back in to the mid 90s by next week? 

8 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

I just straight up stopped golfing the past few weeks as my days off coincided with the hottest weather. Hoping I get a quick 9 in later after work. What are your guys thoughts, we really going to get back in to the mid 90s by next week? 

Yup, get a couple rounds in tomorrow and Saturday before the dewy 90s return. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

73/67...was 80/72 this time yesterday so the COC is slowly draining in.

Less proficient temperature rises despite the cold front still not having passed through...

This is difficult to prove without specific sonde efforts but my suspicion yesterday (temperature behavior) is that it got stumped a little mid day by the core of the 850 mb temperatures receding away from the area.  It think we may have maxed the 850 between 06 and 12z ...  

While today, the 850s are cooler than yesterday at this time -  

The worst days have been like average summer weather in the part of Oklahoma (central) my mother hails from. 

Good news is that it will pass. Even better news is a reasonable chance for an early winter. Maybe snow for the holiday season and bright happy faces all across the board as we watch a monster low creep up the coast and hang around the benchmark for a week.

Obviously, the heat an humidity have gone to my head. The New Permian has begun. Got to accept the fact that we'll never see a below freezing day south of 75N again.

33 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Good news is that it will pass. Even better news is a reasonable chance for an early winter. Maybe snow for the holiday season and bright happy faces all across the board as we watch a monster low creep up the coast and hang around the benchmark for a week.

I'll crack an IPA to that!

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

72/63  //deep blue skies with Scat Cu moving rapidly south.  Vis is excellent.  Nice north breeze.  It's coming south boyz....

The breeze is already here is pretty fantastic. A fairly consistent 10-15 mph breeze makes you forget about a 70* DP . Looking forward to some afternoon yard work. 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, tamarack said:

Same at my school, then they used none in 61-62 as we never got a storm over 6". 
60-61 was a bit different:  2 days from the Dec 12-13 blizzard, a dumb half day the following Fri (quick 2" but sun was coming out as we boarded the buses), 1 day for the JFK inaugural storm, thanks to its arriving on a Thursday evening, one in early Feb, on Monday after a Fri-Sat storm (NYC canceled that whole week), and another half day in late March when a forecast of 1-3 sloppy inches morphed into a dense 6-12, most coming 9-noon.  Only time I walked the 5+ miles from HS, as our bus never showed.  That doesn't include Monday 1/16, when 1/3" ZR on Sunday turned to 6" SN overnight.  Maybe they knew what was soon to come and gutted that one out. That winter convinced dad to buy a snowblower (antiquated single stage with metal wheels), which didn't encounter a real snowstorm until Jan 1964.

Same for my dad!  Those were clunkers.  If you got anything wetter than pure powder they’d jam.

20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We COC.

78/66

Wow, your dew is higher than our temps.  It's very chilly up here.

MVL was up to 66F but now back to 64F.

Its 62F at the office at 1,500ft and windy.  Everyone has jackets on, with winter hats at the top of the Gondola haha.

It was 83-85F on this thermometer yesterday and now it's low 60s only 24 hours later.  What a cold front.  This is at 1,500ft.

IMG_0452.JPG.fbadbd398f8075f4e67bd81e86ee13fb.JPG

• Like 1