Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Very overpriced. Strictly for the beer snobs. Plenty of good beer out there for 1/4 of the cost. 

I'm out of the beer loop. Is it comparable to TV snobs fighting over true blacks on their $5000 4k ultra HD OLED TVs?

Leeme just say, I will not go out of my way to travel there for beer.  90 min from home is not worth it.  I have a great local craft beer store that stocks great stuff in Lakeville called Tamarack Wine & Spirits where I get the majority of my brews.  Every once in a while if I'm up in Canton I will hit up Trillium.

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Haven’t gotten suckered by anything. I haven’t met a person in this world that shares your opinion. It sounds like your tatste buds are probably off or not working properly. Enjoy your Bud heavies 

I personally thought Super Typhoon was fantastic, as was Curiosity 50. In fact, the Curiosity was staggeringly good.

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Leeme just say, I will not go out of my way to travel there for beer.  90 min from home is not worth it.  I have a great local craft beer store that stocks great stuff in Lakeville called Tamarack Wine & Spirits where I get the majority of my brews.  Every once in a while if I'm up in Canton I will hit up Trillium.

It's pretty simple. If I visit my parents in RI I stop at Trillium. If I need to head to NY I stop at Tree House. If I head to VT we might make a few stops.

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Most of their beers are highly overrated, just like Bissel.  Congrats on getting suckered by good marketing and hazy hues.

Julius and Very Green are good, and their Stouts have all been great. Haze, Hurricane, Super Typhoon are trash.

Alchemist and Hill Farmstead are superior to Tree House imho. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Now that is not very good. It’s drinkable in a pinch 

It’s delicious. Strong and not something you chug. I’ll go with anything Two Roads though. Also a big fan of Sea Hag...Fat Tire is delicious too. 

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Like 4 years ago.

I picture you as a 40oz Steel Reserve type guy.

I love the 40’s of Steel Reserve and now they’re 42oz!!!

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pink Lemonade with Everclear Pong. All the girls get naked immediately...and quickly pass out. You’ll find your bride. 

Lol

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It’s delicious. Strong and not something you chug. I’ll go with anything Two Roads though. Also a big fan of Sea Hag...Fat Tire is delicious too.  

Two Roads is good, they have a helluva marketing team!

Sea Hag is my go-to beer :) Also Ghost Island (outside of my own brews that is).  

48 minutes ago, tamarack said:

IMO, lampooning others whose taste in beer differs from one's own seems a bit silly, though it livens up the banter forum.  ;)  (Stated by a non-drinker, a choice many here would also think silly.)

I'm on the outside looking in myself and do find it kind of humorous.  I do sell maple syrup to a couple of brewers outside of New England but haven't had any luck with anyone locally.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

IMO, lampooning others whose taste in beer differs from one's own seems a bit silly, though it livens up the banter forum.  ;)  (Stated by a non-drinker, a choice many here would also think silly.)

Nah. I’m not a drinker, maybe like one IPA every now and then, during a good snowstorm or during one of the worst summer stretches in history...to take the edge off.