Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even those who weigh 120lbs and balding?

Especially those people. I bet they tell their wives how amazing the crisp air feels and how they forgot what breathing oxygen feels like. Then they go online and lie about hating it. Very sad!

• Haha 3

Coming out of summer hibernation to ask a very important question. For those who go to Tree House, is there still a a crazy long line to buy beer every day? I'm driving to CT this afternoon and would like to stop by, but I don't have time or patience to wait in a two hour long line. 

16 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Coming out of summer hibernation to ask a very important question. For those who go to Tree House, is there still a a crazy long line to buy beer every day? I'm driving to CT this afternoon and would like to stop by, but I don't have time or patience to wait in a two hour long line. 

Nope. I went yesterday. Got there at 4:45. There was no line . In and out in 10 mins 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

49.7°

I bet every person who runs during the morning is thoroughly enjoying this weather. And I mean everyone. 

That’s good, but you still need to get that “all” in there somewhere.  Studies have shown that its use is associated with inordinately high potential for convincing oneself that what they’re saying is true, and it’s a key component in the process of transforming opinion into fact.  You can also reinforce it with visual aids if desired.

lovedbyall.jpg

17 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

Days like this make me wonder why I don't live in San Diego. Damn it was a gorgeous day. 

After 330 days/year like this, you would probably be bored.

Yesterday finished up our annual peer-review field trip, and between the gorgeous wx and the on-site discussions, it was a day for the ages.  (Especially compared to day 1, with our final field stop conducted in a downpour, and dews turning non-Gore-Tex raingear - like mine - into steam baths.  We were downeast, where the rain ended about the time we headed toward our overnight at Grand Lake Stream.)

With temp 54 and dropping at 9 last night, I expected low 40s this AM but was closer to 50, with a thin cloud/smoke combo probably limiting the radiation.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope. I went yesterday. Got there at 4:45. There was no line . In and out in 10 mins 

I was there Tuesday night before I flew home; beer was good but $17 for 2 pour was pretty crazy. Amazing watching people spend $60-80  a case when you can get a comparable beer at Yankee Spirit for $19

21 minutes ago, Modfan said:

I was there Tuesday night before I flew home; beer was good but $17 for 2 pour was pretty crazy. Amazing watching people spend $60-80  a case when you can get a comparable beer at Yankee Spirit for $19

Well I’d disagree on comparable beer. Nothing in the world compares to their brews imo 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I’d disagree on comparable beer. Nothing in the world compares to their brews imo 

Most of their beers are highly overrated, just like Bissel.  Congrats on getting suckered by good marketing and hazy hues.

Julius and Very Green are good, and their Stouts have all been great. Haze, Hurricane, Super Typhoon are trash.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Most of their beers are highly overrated, just like Bissel.  Congrats on getting suckered by good marketing and hazy hues.

Julius and Very Green are good, and their Stouts have all been great. Haze, Hurricane, Super Typhoon are trash.

Haven’t gotten suckered by anything. I haven’t met a person in this world that shares your opinion. It sounds like your tatste buds are probably off or not working properly. Enjoy your Bud heavies 

4 hours ago, DomNH said:

I plan to swinging through on my way to CNY today. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I would like to get back on the road since it's a long drive. I also can't resist the opportunity to re-up my stash of Tree House.

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah, it's pretty top notch. There isn't much in the area I would specifically detour for, but Tree House is in that category.

1 hour ago, Modfan said:

Very overpriced. Strictly for the beer snobs. Plenty of good beer out there for 1/4 of the cost. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Dems fighin' werds!

• Like 1