Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's been at least 3 years since I've seen a storm over 12".  How many times has Tauntonblizz whined his way to a foot over that stretch?

:lol: Yeah he sort of makes you hate ern areas and then has a meltdown when it doesn't work in his favor. Maybe we'll have one of those 02-03 Nino seasons where inland got crushed and the coast didn't have winter start until Feb. We did make up quite nicely though.

@TauntonBlizzard2013 grew up knowing only big snows.  Was probably the same for a kid in the 1950s and 60s growing up with all those big years in there.  I just don't recall one season to the next anymore, it's all a blur.  I couldn't even tell you how much snow I got this past season without finding that thread with the link in it.

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ugh pouring. 1-2"/hr

62.6F

Finally got chromecast. Trying You Tube TV,  cool watched the Yanks at work last night on my computer while waiting for an event to end. Picture of my phone on my TV through chromecast mirroring my phone. Watching loops of H Lane now on the big screen through my phone is pretty sweet.

20180822_092519.jpg

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

@TauntonBlizzard2013 grew up knowing only big snows.  Was probably the same for a kid in the 1950s and 60s growing up with all those big years in there.  I just don't recall one season to the next anymore, it's all a blur.  I couldn't even tell you how much snow I got this past season without finding that thread with the link in it.

This child of the late 50s and 60s has been in heaven lately.

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Finally got chromecast. Trying You Tube TV,  cool watched the Yanks at work last night on my computer while waiting for an event to end. Picture of my phone on my TV through chromecast mirroring my phone. Watching loops of H Lane now on the big screen through my phone is pretty sweet.

20180822_092519.jpg

Nice

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

1.01”

when we rain, we inch. 

Big storm for me.   .96" and still a bit more rain to go.  This is now my 2nd biggest rain event in over 4 months.  Only July's 23  1.37" is bigger.  Finally clawing out of the rainfall deficit.  Everything is turning lush green and my pond now has a bonified puddle on the bottom.  

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You doubled me up.  .50" here.   Good thing, the fungus was starting to dry up. 

Not done yet either. 1.08" and counting.

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Big storm for me.   .96" and still a bit more rain to go.  This is now my 2nd biggest rain event in over 4 months.  Only July's 23  1.37" is bigger.  Finally clawing out of the rainfall deficit.  Everything is turning lush green and my pond now has a bonified puddle on the bottom.  

Nice. Another good soaking for the chestnuts.

53 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not done yet either. 1.08" and counting.

Nice. Another good soaking for the chestnuts.

Main shield now east 1.02".  Great soaking rain.  After the rain of the past week I think finally rain water is now getting deep in the soil instead of so many .15 and .30" type stuff that just barely soaks in more than a few inches if that.  Very happy camper today. Trees and shrubs are going to be happy.

8 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

@TauntonBlizzard2013 grew up knowing only big snows.  Was probably the same for a kid in the 1950s and 60s growing up with all those big years in there.  I just don't recall one season to the next anymore, it's all a blur.  I couldn't even tell you how much snow I got this past season without finding that thread with the link in it.

So true!  I remember being annoyed during 1969-70, 1970-71, many others because we weren’t getting 3 KUs per winter...lol.  I was young then and like most folks in their 20s not patient.  9 inches with taint was a loss.  Heck, 14 inches with rain on top was.  But now I appreciate those systems greatly!  

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

3 is a good number, congrats. I pray for the day diaper duty is over though. It’s my main career goal, a 4 year plan.

It goes quick.  My kids range from 19 to 40-3 of them.  All out of diapers.  My goal after having a child at 52 was to not be in diapers before she was out of them.  I win!

8 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Thank you. As a millennial, I cannot be held accountable for my actions. All I can remember from my childhood is big snows, and participation trophies.

:snowing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As luck would have it, the big tv my parents gave us when we moved out crapped the bed a few days ago.

Any suggestions on a new one? We’ve been looking at this one, but wanted to get some opinions.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-49-class-led-4-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/5878701.p?skuId=5878701