Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

:rolleyes:   you don't say?   W SNE especially.    Parts of CNE have been screwed on precip. but yeah, historically wet for many.

Here is a map of rainfall departures from normal over the past 90 days.  Really interesting.   Dry in NNE.  A very sharp dividing line in CNE with a swath of excessive rainfall just south of me.  Then it gets dry SE of the Boston area.  Southern VT, NH, Conn and Central Mass just got hammered with Tstorm after Tstorm this summer.

Untitled.jpg

7 hours ago, alex said:

Down to 52 here. Getting close to having to turn the heat on! I noticed today that the trees are no longer the uniform deep green, and you can start seeing more muted greens and somewhat orangish hues mixed in on the tops. It's coming! 

Noticed that last week as well.  such a great time of year.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

66/64 never felt so nice with the falling mist.  Yesterday turned nice in the early afternoon for a few hours with the sun and the stiff breeze.  Even with the door and windows wide open , my house was still running around 75-76F.

Geezuu, yesterday was fantastic, strong wings whipping fresh air through the house, house was the same as the air 72. Hills FTW I guess

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Mowing the lawn twice a week is getting old though, but it does look nice for a change.

Still haven't mowed mine.  I want to say around the 2nd week of July was the last time I did it.  I can say it needs mowing now.  My not cutting it has kept it remarkably green so I got that going for me.  I just haven't had any time to do any outdoor yard work with my work hours.  Outdoor activities are low on the priority list right now. 

33 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Still haven't mowed mine.  I want to say around the 2nd week of July was the last time I did it.  I can say it needs mowing now.  My not cutting it has kept it remarkably green so I got that going for me.  I just haven't had any time to do any outdoor yard work with my work hours.  Outdoor activities are low on the priority list right now. 

Are drinking iPA’s High in the list? 

15 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Yeah.  BDL just south of here is 8.81 for August so far.  Damp times.  

Couple more decent TS and they could threaten to pass 2011 for 2nd rainiest August.  I think 1955 is safe.  :P

Weekend deluge brought 0.03" here as we got 7-10'ed twice, and that total appears to be the lowest 2-day total (cocorahs obs for 18th-19th) of ay of the =/- 100 Maine observers who reported during that time.  No complaints, as my 0.58" ranked 3rd from the top for the 15th.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Couple more decent TS and they could threaten to pass 2011 for 2nd rainiest August.  I think 1955 is safe.  :P

Weekend deluge brought 0.03" here as we got 7-10'ed twice, and that total appears to be the lowest 2-day total (cocorahs obs for 18th-19th) of ay of the =/- 100 Maine observers who reported during that time.  No complaints, as my 0.58" ranked 3rd from the top for the 15th.

I just started reporting my data this summer.  Am I supposed to report on days with no measurable precip?  I did it on the handful of days when there was measurable precip in the county, but none IMBY.  Curious about the days when the radar was clear all day.

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Was '55 when the two canes came up through NE? That must've been a helluva thing.