• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Winter is coming...  yesterday the Big Island of Hawaii had severe thunderstorms.  Up at the summit of Mauna Loa  (13800) they got some snow.  I was watching the facebook page.  Some people thought it was hail but it was confirmed as snow.  Meanwhile down at the ocean level some places reached over 90F

The Kilaeau eruption looks like it has come to an end.  They missed a bullet last week with Hurricane Hector but now they have to watch Hurricane Lane.  It's moving WNW but may get to the end of the subtropical ridge and make a hard north turn towards the Hawaiian Islands.

39441109_211083449760804_5598379511151329280_n.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some have turned those temps into COC k this summer as the definition changes and evolves to fit agendas 

I don't think it's to fit agendas but the body does adapt to the changing weather.  

What feels hot or cold in May will be different than what feels hot or cold in August.  What feels brutally cold in October is t-shirt weather in March.

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

I guess we are really lucky the Atlantic basin has been so quiet this season so far.  With the semi-persistent WAR tropical systems would be steered towards the east coast adding to the extreme rainfall amounts.  

Watching Lane for my friends on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Yup. HFD hit the 3rd wettest August on Record already, behind 1955 and 2011, without the assistance of a TS. 

26 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The Connecticut River is running very high for August. I tubed the West River in Vermont and it's at bankfull. It's been wet in Southern and Central New England. 

:rolleyes:   you don't say?   W SNE especially.    Parts of CNE have been screwed on precip. but yeah, historically wet for many.

47 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The Connecticut River is running very high for August. I tubed the West River in Vermont and it's at bankfull. It's been wet in Southern and Central New England. 

Marinas/boat launches around the Oxbow were closed a couple weekends ago for safety due to all the drift wood. We went over the river in Northampton this after noon and saw no boats but lots of drift wood.