Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

3 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think your call of 1.5 - 3.5 is well within the realm of possibilities. I think the overall pattern is going to be very difficult to breakdown. For a while now it has had the "feel" of 15-16 but for different reasons. It has been a remarkable summer in the northern hemisphere. 

The high end of that would be a major torch for my area, as met fall temps have been relatively stable for my 20 years here.  Average is 45.20, coolest 43.10 in 2002, mildest 47.24 last year.  Even the low end would be 3rd mildest of (then) 21 years.

29 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The high end of that would be a major torch for my area, as met fall temps have been relatively stable for my 20 years here.  Average is 45.20, coolest 43.10 in 2002, mildest 47.24 last year.  Even the low end would be 3rd mildest of (then) 21 years.

That call of 1.5 - 3.5 I was making primarily for southern NY and Southern New England. Looking at recent pasts and guidance, I think it is more than doable for Boston and south this year. I'm not as familiar with Maine climate so I can't tell. Of course there is a lot that could still change even down here. I was looking at CPC guidance as well and I was pretty much in the middle of that. It doesn't mean we won't see September and October AN only to have November BN with an overall anomaly of +1.5 to +3.5. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

92 so far. Methinks KTAN may be a hair on the warm side. 

Wow at the heat.

Only a high of 73F off a low of 50F up this way.

But warm front through and it's a disgusting 70/70 right now with low clouds and drizzle/mist.  Dews have come up 20 degrees today after the one day reprieve.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Wow.

Only a high of 73F off a low of 50F up this way.

But warm front through and it's a disgusting 70/70 right now with low clouds and drizzle/mist.  Dews have come up 20 degrees today.

From our collective wet smelly fanny, to yours. 81/74 now. Just another day in the new climo regime.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

From our collective wet smelly fanny, to yours. 81/74 now. Just another day in the new climo regime.

This has been aggressive with the dews.  I don't have any stats but I'm fairly certain in the 10 years living in the Stowe area that nothing has come close to this amount of high dews.  Like 70F was a once or twice a summer thing...most days 53-63 type stuff in the summer with the occasional 40s or mid-60s.  A 70F dew was only after a humid day where it rains at 5-6pm and you get that wet bulb 72/70 evening.  

This summer sees a 70F dew like 4 days a week and 6 days a week see 65F or higher type stuff.  

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

My ultrasonic anemometer has shipped.

KBRI will be one step closer to becoming an ASOS.

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Is the accuracy supposedly better I assume?

I expect a 10 m tower, properly painted for visibility, and adequate siting to avoid potential obstructions.

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I expect a 10 m tower, properly painted for visibility, and adequate siting to avoid potential obstructions.

I'm already 20ft above my 15-20ft garage roof. I want to replace my 20ft mast with a 40ft, but I need GYX to pay for my grounding.

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We were near BW/ the Mount Washington hotel on Sunday and spotted a healthy female bear frolicking with three cubs.  So awesome

There’s one with 3 cubs that’s been hanging around my yard. They’re awesome to watch. We see them almost every day. Most of our renters love seeing, then a few weeks ago some idiot sent me an angry email saying “the bears gotta go.” Some people’s stupidity is beyond words. Especially when you consider my “yard” is a sliver of private land surrounded by the Ammonoosuc river and National Forest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just realized today made my 2nd heatwave for the month.  11/17 days this month 90+.  Only one day where the DP did not hit 70F.

That's crazy to me.  I think what we've seen in NW NE is on the higher end of August uncomfortableness, but that many 90+ days along with high dews....props to you for surviving that, lol.

15 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

That call of 1.5 - 3.5 I was making primarily for southern NY and Southern New England. Looking at recent pasts and guidance, I think it is more than doable for Boston and south this year. I'm not as familiar with Maine climate so I can't tell. Of course there is a lot that could still change even down here. I was looking at CPC guidance as well and I was pretty much in the middle of that. It doesn't mean we won't see September and October AN only to have November BN with an overall anomaly of +1.5 to +3.5. 

Just within Maine things can vary greatly.  Last month was AN here but nothing special, while CAR notched its warmest month on record, going back to 1939.

• Like 1

.65" from last night's T storms.

Take a look at this morning GOES.  Cold front coming through New England.  Look at all that smoke in the midwest and Canada.  We have been in a SW flow but as the winds come around west or northwest it could get very smoky, at least above the surface.

smoke.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Wow that's awesome to hear! I got myself up from like the 500's several years ago to kissing 700 but then I noticed the significant drop. At first I had assumed it was just debt-to-income ratio and applying for some personal loans for school but I looked into it farther and saw the wording about a delinquent account. But I've become extremely responsible when it comes to finances. Outside of when I didn't start paying off original loans from my brief time at LSC I've never missed a payment on anything or have ever been late. I really want 700+ by the time I graduate in December so I can start looking into maybe buying a house or at least renting and putting money away and look into buying a few years down the road.

Always be in complete control of your finances. If someone asks you to co-sign, think of it this way. Are you willing to pay that sum of money? Because if the person doesn’t pay, you’ll be on the hook. It’s like letting someone borrow money. Only give what you can afford never to get back.

ive been very careful with my financials since high school. My credit score is currently in the upper 700s, and I’ve worked hard to get there and maintain it. It can be done, and it sounds like your on the path to making it happen.

My fiancé and I decided to rent because the market is so seller friendly now. We’ll stay in this condo for a few years and hopefully the market will be more buyer friendly down the road. A good credit score is vital to apartment rentals now. Having a good score can give you a leg up and get you some good deals on nice rentals.