Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

75/67F.   I didn't pay great attention but thought that the cold front was supposed to pass in the pre dawn hours up here.  Turned off the AC last night and opened the windows to let the fresh air in.   My refreshing, a comfortable morning with dews in the 50's is a fail so far at 1015am.

There wasn't really any CAA at the sfc overnight. It was always going to take until midday to mix the sfc soup out. It's still going to be hot...it just won't be as muggy as it had been. Give it a couple hours.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Might be a little less dewier today...especially up this way.

Fantastic up here today so far.

Breezy NW wind and dews have to be in the 50s now here at the mountain.  

MVL just dropped from 66 to 61 dews so it's coming.

2.09" of rain last night in the stratus.

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fantastic up here today so far.

Breezy NW wind and dews have to be in the 50s now here at the mountain.  

MVL just dropped from 66 to 61 dews so it's coming.

2.09" of rain last night in the stratus.

You can kinda see where it's lining up on vis sat. Looks like a little relief is behind that line of clouds moving through NNE.

There's already return flow in C NY so it'll be shortlived.

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You can kinda see where it's lining up on vis sat. Looks like a little relief is behind that line of clouds moving through NNE.

There's already return flow in C NY so it'll be shortlived.

Ahh nice catch on the visible.  

71/58 now at the ASOS.  So brief taste of cooler drier air but looks humid again tomorrow ahead of more rain.

Just now, dendrite said:

79/55 at 1P1

That's interesting Brian.  I just posted my dew is 65F.  Im exactly 5 miles south of 1P1.  I know that because when I fly my drone I always get a warning if I go just a few hundred feet north of my house.  Looking forward to dews crashing over the next hour.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

That's interesting Brian.  I just posted my dew is 65F.  Im exactly 5 miles south of 1P1.  I know that because when I fly my drone I always get a warning if I go just a few hundred feet north of my house.  Looking forward to dews crashing over the next hour.

Still 66F at my place and 69F at CON. Should be nice sleeping weather tonight. The muggies come back later tomorrow, but at least it'll be accompanied by rain. NNE is starting to tickle on down from the peak of summer thanks to climo.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I just mowed and prob lost 5 lbs in water weight from sweat.  The amount of thick, lush green stuff (mostly grass I guess) that had grown was insane.   Mower could barely get through it.

please drop the dews for a bit...

Funny those who hate dews end up doing work or workout in them. Men. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Still 66F at my place and 69F at CON. Should be nice sleeping weather tonight. The muggies come back later tomorrow, but at least it'll be accompanied by rain. NNE is starting to tickle on down from the peak of summer thanks to climo.

The headline of this summer should be the humidity.   Local rainfalls were impressive in some areas as well as the earlier heat wave.  Once we are all said and done I think it will be the relentless dewpoints.  Reinforces why I moved away from Baltimore.  

Random question...

Are there people who can can go to and have them go over your credit report with you and such so if you had questions they could help answer them and provide some insight/advice? (And yes I know I would have to pay some money and I would be fine with that...just as long as it isn't anything overly crazy then I would just figure out some things myself). 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Random question...

Are there people who can can go to and have them go over your credit report with you and such so if you had questions they could help answer them and provide some insight/advice? (And yes I know I would have to pay some money and I would be fine with that...just as long as it isn't anything overly crazy then I would just figure out some things myself). 

If you don’t have a financial advisor then try your bank. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If you don’t have a financial advisor then try your bank. 

Not a bad idea. My credit score keeps dropping and I'm not sure why...well I have an idea b/c it's dropped quite a bit. I have applied for several credit cards and loans and such the past few years which I know isn't really a good thing (as far as score impact) but when I check free monthly score from my bank it lists like top 3 reasons (not sure if that's applied to me or just in general) but a listing of a  derogatory account has popped up and I am very confused b/c I pay all my bills on time. Haven't missed any sort of payment on anything since like 2008 or 2009. Thanks for the tip!! 

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Aug 2005. A month that will live in dewfamy. Killed me working outside down the Cape. That month broke me. 

I’d much rather do outside work in hotter dry heat than cooler temps high dew fake heat. I finally cut my tornado tree in 82/74 and the wife thought I was close to collapsing. Nobody with a sane mind enjoys this, nobody.....Unless your balls deep in cool water, different story. 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’d much rather do outside work in hotter dry heat than cooler temps high dew fake heat. I finally cut my tornado tree in 82/74 and the wife thought I was close to collapsing. Nobody with a sane mind enjoys this, nobody.....Unless your balls deep in cool water, different story. 

Yeah 92/55 is more enjoyable than 80/74 to me.  The dry heat is when the shade really feels much cooler than the sun.  You can escape it to some extent in the shade but when the dews are way up there, it's just hot everywhere.