Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

8 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

FYP

But yes, this summer has been a different kind of dewy compared to the last 40 years of data. Most sites, inland and coastal, are top 5 if not top overall for dews at or above 70.

2005 was brutal. but this is getting out of hand, I suppose when you look upwind and the area is under water...that can only help sustain the absurdity. 

14 hours ago, snowman21 said:

Fall is usually a torch going by the last couple of decades, so that's not really going out on a limb. According to my calculations, if you look at the five SNE first order sites, of the last 20 falls, 9 of them were torches (three month departures 1.5+), 14 of them above average (at least +0.3), and 3 below average. I think this may be a factor in hurting SNE fall foliage.

No doubt that the foliage is being hurt by the warmth in the fall. Another incoming this fall.

10 hours ago, sbos_wx said:

Baltimore like..

But only the JV version.  I've not been in "The Armpit of the East" (for both its summer climate and its position in the Bay) during July/August, and never wish to be.  However, dews 80+ in early Sept 1965 were just wonderful for full-pads two-a-days.  I doubt it's gotten cooler since then.

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

We'll we've had thunder and lightning going on about 2.5 hours now.  

Literally constant thunder from 7pm to 9:30pm and still going.  

Local stations near me now over 2" of rain.  Much needed.

IMG_0298.thumb.PNG.fe132e6d6280a36fbf7376889e1b30d3.PNG

Congrats.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Because I like humidity in the summer? Ok guilty as charged . Whatever 

Why don’t you uninstall so you can enjoy it?

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

You’re a weird dude.

He's gotten the super pattern that he has long wished for but what he has failed to give consideration to is the thought that the super pattern lingers well into the fall and perhaps the winter. Then he will not be writing "It's absolutely been awesome"....in time it is going to change to "It's been absolutely terrible, I do not understand why people want it to be warm in the fall and winter" 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We all have our fetishes though. Some are just so extreme it’s considered taboo. 

You would think someone so in love with dews wouldn't install in April and keep them in until November. Open the windows and breathe them in if you love them that much.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What's it running at right now?  Mine is 70F, got down to 64F pre-dawn.

We could mix down some upper 50s today. I don't think there's much hope down there...you're pretty much relegated to at least u60s. That trough kicked through yesterday and was able to get a little CAA into NNE. WE just need to tap into it with a little daytime heating and mixing.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We could mix down some upper 50s today. I don't think there's much hope down there...you're pretty much relegated to at least u60s. That trough kicked through yesterday and was able to get a little CAA into NNE. WE just need to tap into it with a little daytime heating and mixing.

How we pray...   

on the other hand, I might be able to finally mow my lawn again later this morning

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You would think someone so in love with dews wouldn't install in April and keep them in until November. Open the windows and breathe them in if you love them that much.

None of it makes sense. It never does. The slogans and catch phrases are cool though. Very similar to his idol, the President. 

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The country’s in great shape financially, the summers been hot and humid .. An all timer even . Life is good folks 

And the recession/depression that is coming is going to be devastating for many. Do your homework and you'll learn that the vast majority of recessions have occurred when a republican  has been in office. It's just a matter of time until Trump's policies take down the economy. Perhaps Trump can sell CT to the Russians to help pay for the national debt....or to raise capital for the Wall of bullsh**

75/67F.   I didn't pay great attention but thought that the cold front was supposed to pass in the pre dawn hours up here.  Turned off the AC last night and opened the windows to let the fresh air in.   My refreshing, a comfortable morning with dews in the 50's is a fail so far at 1015am.