Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

18 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

2.5" of rain and a 78* dew point. The neighborhood has become a mosquito-loaded swamp in the past month given the 8"+ of rain.

Everyone west of the SE MA holy land has been taking it on the chin. I saw three coworkers on my run during lunch and all they were doing was sitting there soaking in the sun because, “this is a miracle we have to soak it in when the sun comes out...it won’t last, it’s gonna rain soon you can feel it.” 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Everyone west of the SE MA holy land has been taking it on the chin. I saw three coworkers on my run during lunch and all they were doing was sitting there soaking in the sun because, “this is a miracle we have to soak it in when the sun comes out...it won’t last, it’s gonna rain soon you can feel it.” 

And when the sun is out it has generally been too hot to enjoy the outdoors. I got heat exhaustion (always kind of figured it was a joke) last week while working on a landscaping project, not something I ever want again. 

12 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

And when the sun is out it has generally been too hot to enjoy the outdoors. I got heat exhaustion (always kind of figured it was a joke) last week while working on a landscaping project, not something I ever want again. 

Fake (dew) heat can do that. It is much worse on the respitory system then hotter but drier heat. 

34 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

It can be brutal.   In my old profession we had to do physically demanding tasks in protective gear sometimes in hot weather (and in brutal cold).  The heat was the worst and we always had to watch for signs of heat stress.  

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep my Grandma grew up in Italy and knew every mushroom in the forest. She always cooked with a silver dollar and if it tarnished she threw the batch out.  Probably old wives tale but she lived until 85

She got lucky.  The poison in mushrooms will not tarnish silver.  People have died from this mistake

34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It can be brutal.   In my old profession we had to do physically demanding tasks in protective gear sometimes in hot weather (and in brutal cold).  The heat was the worst and we always had to watch for signs of heat stress.  

I worked at Pfizer in Environmental, worked in a full body suit at times. One day it was so hot my gloves completely filled up with my own body water. That was brutal.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve seen local forecasts in CT with 70’s for 3-4 days next week and low dews. I’ll sell both hard, but dews will be lower in the 60’s. 

The warm spots like your location will be in the lower 80s but it will feel nice until Tue midday before the dews start creeping back to high 60s late in the day.