Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Are u fin kidding me, they were whitewater rafting with a Flash Flood Emergency

Officials confirm that all the rafters who were reported missing on the Lehigh River have been located.

Rescue crews were sent to the Lehigh River just before 6 p.m. Monday after reports that 215 rafters needed to be rescued. The rafters launched from Jim Thorpe.

Crews said the rafters were girls between the ages of 12-16 on a rafting trip with Whitewater Rafting Adventures.

Officials said 46 of those girls were pulled from the river near Lehighton. One was taken to the hospital. She was treated and released. The others were found farther down the river.

Officials said some of those rafters were found hanging onto trees along the river.

Crews set up a staging area near the Thomas J. McCall Memorial Bridge between Lehighton and Weissport, according to Carbon County dispatchers.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Are u fin kidding me, they were whitewater rafting with a Flash Flood Emergency

Officials confirm that all the rafters who were reported missing on the Lehigh River have been located.

Rescue crews were sent to the Lehigh River just before 6 p.m. Monday after reports that 215 rafters needed to be rescued. The rafters launched from Jim Thorpe.

Crews said the rafters were girls between the ages of 12-16 on a rafting trip with Whitewater Rafting Adventures.

Officials said 46 of those girls were pulled from the river near Lehighton. One was taken to the hospital. She was treated and released. The others were found farther down the river.

Officials said some of those rafters were found hanging onto trees along the river.

Crews set up a staging area near the Thomas J. McCall Memorial Bridge between Lehighton and Weissport, according to Carbon County dispatchers.

Good currents.

Mmm...  I still don't see anything to outlandishly anomalous about the current bout of gloomy days.  The pattern as a whole is anomalous ... but the sensible impact really should not be considered that big of a deal in all fairness.  It's hard not to conflate those two - I know..

But truth be, we can put these strings of gnarly days together in spring and summer around this part of the world.  Over the years, this happens ...enough so to not make three or four days of it all that unusual - not by fairness to our climatology. 

I was trying to put an empirical value on the mank ... by asking yesterday for those sun vs cloud statistics.  We got a lot of norms and climo replies, yeah... we know... but we're interested in the verification for this year.  Subsequently, how those verifications compare to climate?   

For what it's worth, the clouds are thinning and the numbers from the models suggest that we're transitioning out over the next two days.  

Yeah...summer's "back is broken" when DPs are sustained near 70 ... 

No, ... still trying to rush that Steve? 

I'm not going to admonish the effort, because I offer that it is 'bent' or bending... and, obviously, breaking is inevitable at some point.  I even surmised myself we'd be into a more oscillatory pattern by the 20th...earlier in this thread ... which in my subjective opinion is the break -

Regardless of whether that happens, it's going to be well above normal with elevated DPs probably for the next week...  And this recent bout of "cool" is not really cool when by thermodynamics, there is a pig ton of energy stored in the atmosphere that cannot be there if the season were truly giving up (so to speak..).

But then again, semantic tediousness:  everyone probably has a different notion on what 'breaking summer's back' really means - so it's all in jest.  

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mmm...  I still don't see anything to outlandishly anomalous about the current bout of gloomy days.  The pattern as a whole is anomalous ... but the sensible impact really should not be considered that big of a deal in all fairness.  It's hard not to conflate those two - I know..

But truth be, we can put these strings of gnarly days together in spring and summer around this part of the world.  Over the years, this happens ...enough so to not make three or four days of it all that unusual - not by fairness to our climatology. 

I was trying to put an empirical value on the mank ... by asking yesterday for those sun vs cloud statistics.  We got a lot of norms and climo replies, yeah... we know... but we're interested in the verification for this year.  Subsequently, how those verifications compare to climate?   

For what it's worth, the clouds are thinning and the numbers from the models suggest that we're transitioning out over the next two days.  

No one keeps % of sun anymore so no way to compare.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...summer's "back is broken" when DPs are sustained near 70 ... 

No, ... still trying to rush that Steve? 

I'm not going to admonish the effort, because I offer that it is 'bent' or bending... and, obviously, breaking is inevitable at some point.  I even surmised myself we'd be into a more oscillatory pattern by the 20th...earlier in this thread ... which in my subjective opinion is the break -

Regardless of whether that happens, it's going to be well above normal with elevated DPs probably for the next week...  And this recent bout of "cool" is not really cool when by thermodynamics, there is a pig ton of energy stored in the atmosphere that cannot be there if the season were truly giving up (so to speak..)

What I mean is we are kissing HI of 95 plus goodbye, we slide down , back be broken. Heat waves are over, its still summer but the sun is less intense, sets earlier, you can feel the difference more every day. as far as rushing it. No way Jose, love me some summer well love me some summer where its not raining every day for a week at a time. Last Friday was perfect.

index.png

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What I mean is we are kissing HI of 95 plus goodbye, we slide down , back be broken. Heat waves are over, its still summer but the sun is less intense, sets earlier, you can feel the difference more every day. as far as rushing it. No way Jose, love me some summer well love me some summer where its not raining every day for a week at a time. Last Friday was perfect.

Heat indices Wed/Thu will be 90-95F.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

index.png

Best beach weather of the year doesn't arrive for another three weeks. September FTMFW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

It's a typical New England CAD fart with a rare August ULL amidst an overall warm pattern.

Mank craptastic stuff, lets get some sun and drying out, this mold is getting old, summer of yore is a summer of pore need a strong front to kick this sh it out the door

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

index.png

Mid and upper 80s here with low 90 potential right thru Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Everyday has been AN. Nothing BN and none coming despite some claims