Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

14 hours ago, dendrite said:

Thanks for the input. My other thought was to just get a new mast that's 40ft tall.

https://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Antenna_Mast_p/cm-1850.htm

That would make CGs next spring extra scary.

I used to have something similar and then went with a Rohn Tower that I found on Craigslist from a former Ham operator.  I think the 40' tower was $150 or something like that.  The guy just had it laying around but the 10' sections are made from aluminum and are self standing.  I just have a TV antenna up there right now at 30' and reserved the 4th 10' section for future use because I just didn't need the extra height.  Those are basically the same towers that ASOS's use and you can go as high or as low as you want:

http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-25g-tower

I see 50' ones for sale all the time on Craigslist, you just have to find one at the best price.  They are solid and yes, you do have to ground it!

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Far cry here.  Full light and has been for about an hour.  5:49 sunrise.

It’s just the clouds and rain just moving off to my east. Sign of the times ahead I guess. El sucko.

9 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I used to have something similar and then went with a Rohn Tower that I found on Craigslist from a former Ham operator.  I think the 40' tower was $150 or something like that.  The guy just had it laying around but the 10' sections are made from aluminum and are self standing.  I just have a TV antenna up there right now at 30' and reserved the 4th 10' section for future use because I just didn't need the extra height.  Those are basically the same towers that ASOS's use and you can go as high or as low as you want:

http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-25g-tower

I see 50' ones for sale all the time on Craigslist, you just have to find one at the best price.  They are solid and yes, you do have to ground it!

I’ve eyed those for awhile. I can just never find anything locally that is half decent at a good price. There’s a steal of an 80ft motorized collapsible tower in CT, but I’m not paying $2k for mounting weather equipment.

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s just the clouds and rain just moving off to my east. Sign of the times ahead I guess. El sucko.

I’ve eyed those for awhile. I can just never find anything locally that is half decent at a good price. There’s a steal of an 80ft motorized collapsible tower in CT, but I’m not paying $2k for mounting weather equipment.

You’re asking for strikes lol. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How is there  not a FFW?

Well I can personally confirm that it is happening...got a report of a water rescue by Lynn Fire Dept...plus plenty of flooded streets, especially near Lynn beach where there seems to be an updraft that has been pinned to the Lynn/Revere line

20 minutes ago, JustinWX said:

Well I can personally confirm that it is happening...got a report of a water rescue by Lynn Fire Dept...plus plenty of flooded streets, especially near Lynn beach where there seems to be an updraft that has been pinned to the Lynn/Revere line

Looks like it was issued at 9:53. A bit late.