Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Good stuff/work. They get ‘stuck’ in a certain mindframe but can be snapped out of it relatively quickly, unlike humans, and never look back. The wife signed us up for the french bulldog rescue association, we being ‘interviewed’ tomorrow. Always adopted dogs but never fostered...see how it goes cuz long work hours could be tough but our two bostons are love bugs so just being around them all day could be good for a foster.

Wow man thank you. Couple of hints . Give the foster a day to destress and introduce your dogs one at a time. Watch every move for the first days for dominance issues. Keep a spray bottle of water nearby and give a shot directly in the face if play gets aggressive. So awesome 

12 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well here's what we do.  I work 10 hrs 4 days a week with a total commute of 2 hrs. My wife works 40 hrs a week. We have doggie doors and a fenced in yard and 8 dogs. I understand the stress and time constraints but also being a a dog rescuer I have also seen the alternative. People are not fully aware of the amount of neglect  abuse out there.  Its staggering. One dog at a time we are saving them and finding homes. As I said before the alternative is horrific. Everyone who can we hope will adopt.  Like I told Scott maybe in the future things will change where they can. Its an individual decision based on lifestyle. We have ourselves fostered and found furever homes for 68 dogs in 2.5 years. Many of those homes have 2 person full time workers,  its an individual choice. I think the dogs don't mind considering the alternative. 

That is great work Ginxx  I am sure those dogs appreciate your dedication. Also that is a good idea to have a fenced yard and doggy doors.

35 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

That is great work Ginxx  I am sure those dogs appreciate your dedication. Also that is a good idea to have a fenced yard and doggy doors.

Thanks man I love it, lol sitting here watching NECN tornado coverage with 3 dogs on my chair with me 5 others spread out on couches and the floor. The heavy rain puts them to sleep. Lol. We sent 2 chihuahua puppies to furever homes today. 2 more shown here in their puppy pen with our Chihuahua Paco. Our dogs play a critical role in rehab and development.  These puppies were abandoned and found in a deserted warehouse days from death. Now they will be in loving homes living large. Good stuff

20180804_093452.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Had 1.50” yesterday and we’re steadily raining again. Shroom city.

Had 0.02" yesterday as the good stuff stayed south.  Up to 1.54" today thru 1:45, with 1.08" since 7 AM.  Never rained really hard - no TS cloudburst stuff - but enough moderate to crank the total.  Looks like the back goes thru here within the hour.

9 hours ago, amarshall said:

Women putting their tops back on. Had to bail on beach party. That line is moving in faster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My yard is ok, but this is the pattern recently. Some dry stretches and summer  months where precip is lucky to be 2-3”. Not sure why the last several years, but that’s been the trend. Some of it, is luck as areas south had a much wetter summer last year and then in 2015 than I had. Although, it’s made for good beach weather.

18 hours ago, dendrite said:

I probably have mentioned this before, but I know some people with a few cats that go into shelters asking for the oldest cat they have. They give them all a caring and loving home. When one dies, they go back and ask for the oldest cat they have.

It takes special people that are able to do that. They deal with a lot of loss, but the cats go out on top.

Image result for euthanized

I didn't keep track of the last 7 days, but yesterday three inches of rain fell, the big line of storms were well north of here this afternoon but about 6:30 it started blowing like hell from the nnw and took a tree down on the power lines.  It must have rained later because I had to drive in to the office to work an implementation instead of dialing in and when I got back and wanted to drink a beer on the front porch I sat in a very wet Adirondack chair cause it was really dark out with no power still...