Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s with YouTube?

Yeah. You guys should really just try it and play around with it for a week. I did that and then canceled after 6 days. When we finally got the new TV we subscribed for good.

We get the Big 10 network too so Lisa gets all of her UM games.

I have the YTV app on my iphone and ipad too so I can watch tv wherever I go. I guess they just updated the ipad app for picture in picture so I can browse the internet on there while watching the game at night (although I haven't tried it yet).

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Yeah. You guys should really just try it and play around with it for a week. I did that and then canceled after 6 days. When we finally got the new TV we subscribed for good.

We get the Big 10 network too so Lisa gets all of her UM games.

I have the YTV app on my iphone and ipad too so I can watch tv wherever I go. I guess they just updated the ipad app for picture in picture so I can browse the internet on there while watching the game at night (although I haven't tried it yet).

Going to make a run at Scooter's post count?

50 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Gotta be first with the reaction posts in the Sox game thread.

Mookie!

we still use cable, internet and actually have a landline phone through cable.  Our cell service at the house is awful, although we get very few phone calls...basically my mother in law.

I would drop cable and phone in a second, but other forces at work, plus the Red Sox

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How much is YouTube tv? That selection looks better than sling which is 40$ month. 

And that works through Roku on multiple TVs?

Youtube is $40/mo. It used to be $35 before they added Turner networks. Those who signed up during $35 go their price locked in. I'd assume if they add more channels we'd be locked in at $40. We got a cheap 2017 TCL TV off of Amazon for $300. We're not picture snobs so this was a big upgrade for us. It has Roku built into it. I'm sure most smart TVs will have a YTV app.

I would seriously give the free trial a whirl.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

And yeah, you can have 6 YTV accounts through 1 account. You just log in and out with your Google/Youtube email after you link it to an account. I was out of the loop with this stuff, but it was really easy to do.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Youtube is $40/mo. It used to be $35 before they added Turner networks. Those who signed up during $35 go their price locked in. I'd assume if they add more channels we'd be locked in at $40. We got a cheap 2017 TCL TV off of Amazon for $300. We're not picture snobs so this was a big upgrade for us. It has Roku built into it. I'm sure most smart TVs will have a YTV app.

I would seriously give the free trial a whirl.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

And yeah, you can have 6 YTV accounts through 1 account. You just log in and out with your Google/Youtube email after you link it to an account. I was out of the loop with this stuff, but it was really easy to do.

How much do you pay for wifi

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Since they invented cable modems, unless you still use 2400 dial up

LOL.

Wifi is just one piece of the Internet service though.  Around here it's either Comcast or Verizon that the majority of people have for their ISP.  I personally have Comcast.

37 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

LOL.

Wifi is just one piece of the Internet service though.  Around here it's either Comcast or Verizon that the majority of people have for their ISP.  I personally have Comcast.

5g data high speed cell service is very soon going to crush the monopoly on wire based isp's. Instead of having 1 or 2 choices of internet delivered  by wires to your house you will have tons of other options by cellular modem at faster speeds. Think of the savings alone of companies maintaining 1 cell site over hundreds of miles of wires. 

49 minutes ago, BrianW said:

5g data high speed cell service is very soon going to crush the monopoly on wire based isp's. Instead of having 1 or 2 choices of internet delivered  by wires to your house you will have tons of other options by cellular modem at faster speeds. Think of the savings alone of companies maintaining 1 cell site over hundreds of miles of wires. 

That's nice for much of the country but cell service is notoriously unreliable up here. 

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Yea, need to ditch Spectrum they suck. 

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

In my hood they are pretty much it for choices for Internet.  Reliability hasn’t been too much of an issue.  I wish it was cheaper, but not much to lessen it right now

Only option too. Too many dropouts and slow response time. Complained several times they say ‘everything’ looksgood on our end. Consumers need choices. 

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

In my hood they are pretty much it for choices for Internet.  Reliability hasn’t been too much of an issue.  I wish it was cheaper, but not much to lessen it right now

Comcast here, but they wanted $5k yo run a line up my driveway and I was like yeah.....no. So I'm rocking DSL and landline phone for $85 a Month....ripoff....can't wait for 5G 

Question. My grill is just getting destroyed by the bears. This morning I found it in pieces dragged off the deck, even though I had let it burn, cleaned and removed the grease pan. Any tricks that might keep those little buggers away before it's destroyed? There's a mommy with 3 cubs that seems to have taken up residence at my house and some males roam the area quite a bit too... They are relentless 

3 minutes ago, alex said:

Question. My grill is just getting destroyed by the bears. This morning I found it in pieces dragged off the deck, even though I had let it burn, cleaned and removed the grease pan. Any tricks that might keep those little buggers away before it's destroyed? There's a mommy with 3 cubs that seems to have taken up residence at my house and some males roam the area quite a bit too... They are relentless 

30 ought lol , load the heck out of a grease pan with the hottest pepper you can find