• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Noisy though short (0.24") TS arrived 5 PM yesterday.  A fat and absolutely vertical (from my vantage point) bolt blew slabs off an aspen 1/3 mile from the house.  It also produced snaps and cracks from our entry panel and from the transformer across the street - without making the lights even blink.  Storm had some 30+ gusts, too, and much stronger ones 20 miles to my SW in Turner - much tree damage and power loss there.

24 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some decent water bans around here. Some small ponds are as low as I’ve ever seen them. 

Haven’t had any rains that do more than partially wet the pavement 

Gladly send some of the rains we have had down here your way. Probably around a foot for the month normally barely push around 3 we tend to have our "dry" season now until about september/october.

SW winds in the means are likely ...at least, partially, the culprit over SE zones for the apparent moisture deficits.

A SW flow is of course an oceanic wind down there, which that area's geography means... Contrary to intuitive thinking ... is a stablizing/convection mitigation. 

Since much of the water we have been receiving across SNE has been of the convective variety ... it's worth investigating that as a reason for your dearth. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's uncomfortable actually... We're only running 88's and 89's at the moment around the Davis' in the area but the DPs are 73 to 75 and it's not nice frankly. It feels hot and muggy.

Agreed.  Bring back the 82/72 days as opposed to this ****.