Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

12 hours ago, butterfish55 said:

I vacation up there on Cape Breton Nova Scotia every summer. It's actually the Northumberland Strait and the water between Cape Breton and Pei is always very warm when we are there. I understand that it is very shallow so I think that leads to those temperatures

The next town over from where we stay, Port Hood, advertisers themselves as having "the warmest waters in Eastern Canada"

Beautiful area, great people, warm empty beaches, incredible golf. Thankfully it's 800 miles away so no one goes there

Cabot Links :wub:

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pics?

Image may contain: mountain, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

Cabot Cliffs drone shot (not mine).  15th fairway and green on left.  par 3 16th green on the cliff to the right.  16th tee is just out of the bottom of the picture.  17th and 18th at the top.  There are 2 courses here, Cabot Cliff and Cabot Links.  My wife's family is from this town, so we lucked out when they built these course in the last 10 years.  CHeck out thier website for more pictures   https://www.cabotlinks.com/

Weather there looks great for the next 10 days, so I'm looking forward to at least one round on both courses.

56 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Cabot Cliffs drone shot (not mine).  15th fairway and green on left.  par 3 16th green on the cliff to the right.  16th tee is just out of the bottom of the picture.  17th and 18th at the top.  There are 2 courses here, Cabot Cliff and Cabot Links.  My wife's family is from this town, so we lucked out when they built these course in the last 10 years.  CHeck out thier website for more pictures   https://www.cabotlinks.com/

Weather there looks great for the next 10 days, so I'm looking forward to at least one round on both courses.

omg, I just had an awakened wet dream. 

Need to be there this afternoon. Sick!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

omg, I just had an awakened wet dream. 

Need to be there this afternoon. Sick!

lol...Both courses are as nice as the website pics.  It's only 800 miles/13 hours to drive for me tomorrow with a car full of 2 kids, dog and the wife.  It's worth the long drive though.  I can't recommend the trip enough if you've never been.  

1 hour ago, S&P said:

MB i was thinking of raceway, sounds private? looking for a place for league EOY 

It's private but it's only golf.  Club house is like a double wide trailer, driving range, putting green and 18 holes.  My fathers been a "member" for years because the money goes into the course...there's no food service, bar, or anything like that.  

6 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

lol...Both courses are as nice as the website pics.  It's only 800 miles/13 hours to drive for me tomorrow with a car full of 2 kids, dog and the wife.  It's worth the long drive though.  I can't recommend the trip enough if you've never been.  

Make sure the pool is filled and fridge is stocked. :whistle:

2 hours ago, S&P said:

.03" at UUU LOL another swing and a miss

Same as what I had by 7 this morning, only the radar suggested hole-in-bat rather than a miss.  Of the 64 Maine observers having checked in by 8, mine ranked 62nd, topping only the 2 from Aroostook.  Even #61, a paltry 0.07", more than doubled my "total".  Looks like it's done, too, with maybe/hopefully another 0.2" having fallen.

2 hours ago, butterfish55 said:

looks like a terrible place to live.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Special stretch for us. Cherish it. 

Right.  Sun trying to fight its way thru the clouds, but looks like 5th straight day of cloudy/m.cloudy skies.  All that tropical PWAT has brought barely over 1" here, nearly all coming noon Sunday thru 9 AM Monday.  (Cocorahs update:  Pembroke, way down east, also reported 0.03", so I now share 81st place, of 84, with that observer.  The 2 towns nearest to me reported 0.32" and 0.43".)