Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That kind of stuff has happened since the beginning of time. It was allowed to fester over the last 8 years during that regime..It's going to take time to undo all the bad that was done, and granted it will never be ideal. It's a scary world we live in. But Socks post was honestly nauseating. Ginx and I agree on very little, but that post was enough to make most people turn over in their  graves

yea ok. All of sudden now it’s not allowed? just one stroke of pen, magic happens. Fact: the 2015 murder rate was one of lowest in 47 years lol. 4.9 per 100k people....actually was a tick up from lowest period 2009-2014 of 4.4 to 4.8. Just stick to hot and humid propoganda this stuff is too factual for you to spin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

My neighbor was friends with him. It’s so awful. I wasn’t born and raised here, but I know a lot in and around the town. My wife went to get food yesterday and saw a Quincy cop in the same place getting take out. They were covering for Weymouth. She just looked at him and said how sorry she was. He teared up. It’s a weird and sad feeling when you go about doing errands. I think the circumstances are just so horrific. 

The guy clearly had mental issues based on what his mom said and his past history. I wish this country would focus on that and not lock up people for a dime bag.

Latest from #Norfolk County DA:
Emanuel Lopes fired three shots at Vera Adams after he saw her looking at him through her window, killing the 77-year-old. 
DA’s office says this was not an accident or stray bullets. #NBC10Boston https://t.co/DW6AlYB11q

Scott he was a dealer and deserved to be locked up. Again lets not stray from the difference between a user and a hard drug dealer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It is a monstrously difficult nut to crack. I do agree with Ginx for the most part that dealers who target kids and those who are violent towards the police should be kept locked up as much as possible.

The crap most police have to put up with is astonishing. There are some bad ones, but by far the good ones outweigh those. I would need to look up stats but I don’t recall cops being killed when I was growing up, 

As far as people having “woken up” after 8 years, that is complete bull****. Without going on a political tear, I have never been more disgusted by what is going on than seeing our country sold down the river to an enemy state.  I will not respond any more on this.  I keep quiet about it for the most part.  

If you are supporting what is going on, you can suck my dick. 

Lol how big is it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not angry just flabbergasted that people think this was an incident or that its ok to let hard drug dealers selling to minors back on the streets with no supervision.  

The main standard for bail is whether the accused will show up to court. The Bail Reform Act of 1966 states that the preference is for release on recognizance; the prosecution bears the burden of proof as to why a person should NOT be released since the individual is innocent in the eyes of the law. 

Selling street-level quantities of cocaine and running away from the police is hardly a crime that merits pre-trial detention. There was ZERO violence alleged in the criminal complaint. 

And you can't always easily distinguish between drug dealers and drug users. Many drug users sell from time to time in order to support their habit. That's the problem with the criminalization of drugs: it breeds a horrible black market economy in which addiction is intertwined with sale. The simple solution would be to offer more maintenance programs for harder drugs and to completely legalize marijuana and psychedelics. You'd see the drug cartels evaporate within days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

These derelicts are scum .  The country has finally awoken after a horrific 8 years.. with a booming economy and unemployment at all time lows. At any rate,I hope they take this guy in jail , take him and then they gas chamber him 

The country has awoken? You mean coddling a Russian dictator who has supported Assad gassing thousands, has annexed Crimea illegally, permits no dissent? 

Trump says "no collusion." Then how come there were secret meetings in Trump Tower? How come Roger Stone was talking to Guccifer 2.0 (who was known as early as July 2016 as a Russian operative)? Why was Trump telling Putin to hack Hillary's emails the same day the Russians invaded DNC servers? "Russia if you're listening, we want those 30,000 emails"

Hmm...I wonder what's happening. If you still support Trump, you're embracing a traitor. 

• Like 4

The cop killing that was big during my childhood was the Paxton police chief getting gunned down in Holden chasing after some robbers in the woods. It was about a mile from my grand parents place in Holden at the time and my grandfather had his shotgun and hunting rifle next to him the rest of that day until they finally tracked down the fugitives. 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's all been respectful discussion but it has certainly run its course in this forum.  Even for a banter thread...politics was rarely allowed.

The shootings have been a pretty big local story and I think it was worth letting everyone discuss it. When it starts shifting down the Trump/Obama abyss it's time to get back to temp talk.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The shootings have been a pretty big local story and I think it was worth letting everyone discuss it. When it starts shifting down the Trump/Obama abyss it's time to get back to temp talk.

Agree, today was brutal on me when I was working outside on a 5 story roof helping HVAC dudes, time for vacation number 3

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It was a good discussion until KTOL derailed it. 

Downpours today, we need it.

Viewpoints like yours are the reason why the country got into so much trouble the last 8 years. Thankfully those days are behind us and improvements abound . 

Enjoy your day friend.

Hopefully 2-4” of rain and tree damage today .

11 hours ago, nzucker said:

And you can't always easily distinguish between drug dealers and drug users. Many drug users sell from time to time in order to support their habit. That's the problem with the criminalization of drugs: it breeds a horrible black market economy in which addiction is intertwined with sale. The simple solution would be to offer more maintenance programs for harder drugs and to completely legalize marijuana and psychedelics. You'd see the drug cartels evaporate within days.

It would be nice if that were true, but IMO people who are making millions of dirty dollars aren't going to just dry up and go away.  The cartels operate somewhat like any business, and if a product line becomes unprofitable (in this case, because it's been made legitimate), those folks will try to make their bucks from something else, maybe some deadly but attractive chemical we've not yet heard of.  Five years ago I'd never heard of fentanol or bath salts - what's next?  Americans often go for what looks like the simple and easy answers, and in this issue there are none, though the maintenance programs noted above are one arrow in the quiver, as are better non-prison options for mental care.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Viewpoints like yours are the reason why the country got into so much trouble the last 8 years. Thankfully those days are behind us and improvements abound . 

Enjoy your day friend.

Hopefully 2-4” of rain and tree damage today .

Different viewpoints yet collectively coming together for the good of people is what makes us move forward and improve our society, regardless on what political spectrum your views are. But apparently it’s not what you and ‘your side’ in today’s climate have any intent to do. So sad you even have to be on a ‘side’ nowadays and can only think ONE way, oblivious to any other thoughts and ideas. Clouded. Stuck in your ways, can’t listen...can only dictate. 

Extremes have a very short life span though. So hang tight my friend as we ‘normalize’ very soon. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Different viewpoints yet collectively coming together for the good of people is what makes us move forward and improve our society, regardless on what political spectrum your views are. But apparently it’s not what you and ‘your side’ in today’s climate have any intent to do. So sad you even have to be on a ‘side’ nowadays and can only think ONE way, oblivious to any other thoughts and ideas. Clouded. Stuck in your ways, can’t listen...can only dictate. 

Extremes have a very short life span though. So hang tight my friend as we ‘normalize’ very soon. 

Karl Marx died many years ago

12 hours ago, nzucker said:

The country has awoken? You mean coddling a Russian dictator who has supported Assad gassing thousands, has annexed Crimea illegally, permits no dissent? 

Trump says "no collusion." Then how come there were secret meetings in Trump Tower? How come Roger Stone was talking to Guccifer 2.0 (who was known as early as July 2016 as a Russian operative)? Why was Trump telling Putin to hack Hillary's emails the same day the Russians invaded DNC servers? "Russia if you're listening, we want those 30,000 emails"

Hmm...I wonder what's happening. If you still support Trump, you're embracing a traitor. 

As usual he is wrong. He has forgotten the mess  the country was in when Obama took office. And he has forgotten and/or ignoring the fact that the vast majority of recessions have occurred when a republican has been in office. Here is today's safest bet....I bet he enjoyed the recovery in his 401K account during the Obama years.  I highly doubt he donated the gains to charity to make a point against Obama. The money is still festering in his 401K account. And when the next recession hits his 401K account will be TORCHED!! 

• Like 1

The political BS has ran its course in this thread, I don't see the need to keep coming in here for weather obs and reading this crap, Meanwhile we have some showers on the door step so hopefully they can produce some beneficial precip today up here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

This guy was obviously mentally ill, I think addressing that needs to be part of the equation as well. 

Tired of the mentally ill sympathy card that is given out. Scumbag. Mental illness is an issue for millions of people across the country less than .0001% of them shoot people. Fuk him

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tired of the mentally ill sympathy card that is given out. Scumbag. Mental illness is an issue for millions of people across the country less than .0001% of them shoot people. Fuk him

Kind of agree. And then we just keep piling more and more meds into them. I think proper health and nutrition would solve a lot of these mild/moderate mentally ill cases too. idk...it just feels like we tackle so many issues bass ackwards.

23 hours ago, dendrite said:

This iceberg should be locked up and not free to roam the ocean.

23 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It may be too late. He had a checkered past too with multiple melts. 

With multiple melts, it would be qualified to post here.

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

This guy was obviously mentally ill, I think addressing that needs to be part of the equation as well. 

Only 3-5 percent of violent crimes is attributed to serious mental illness. One ‘could’ say however that anyone committing a violent crime is mentally ill, ie “something is seriously wrong with that person”. So there is definately a grey area. Hard to say.

This is close to me as I lost a great person and a close friend to a mental disorder that was improperly diagnosed. The majority of mentally ill people are more harmful to themselves and are far more likely to be a victim than the perp. The problem and stigma of mental illness comes from ‘large’ tragedies like Newtown and Vegas. Anyway you slice it, it needs more attention and care. The human mind is fragile.

Here is a great article post Las Vegas shooting:

http://www.amhca.org/blogs/joel-miller/2017/10/03/gun-violence-and-mental-illnessmyths-and-evidence-based-facts

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Only 3-5 percent of violent crimes is attributed to serious mental illness. One ‘could’ say however that anyone committing a violent crime is mentally ill, ie “something is seriously wrong with that person”. So there is definately a grey area. Hard to say.

This is close to me as I lost a great person and a close friend to a mental disorder that was improperly diagnosed. The majority of mentally ill people are more harmful to themselves and are far more likely to be a victim than the perp. The problem and stigma of mental illness comes from ‘large’ tragedies like Newtown and Vegas. Anyway you slice it, it needs more attention and care. The human mind is fragile.

Here is a great article post Las Vegas shooting:

http://www.amhca.org/blogs/joel-miller/2017/10/03/gun-violence-and-mental-illnessmyths-and-evidence-based-facts

And in other news, the owners of the Mandalay Bay Hotel  have filed suit against the shooting victims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

As usual he is wrong. He has forgotten the mess  the country was in when Obama took office. And he has forgotten and/or ignoring the fact that the vast majority of recessions have occurred when a republican has been in office. Here is today's safest bet....I bet he enjoyed the recovery in his 401K account during the Obama years.  I highly doubt he donated the gains to charity to make a point against Obama. The money is still festering in his 401K account. And when the next recession hits his 401K account will be TORCHED!! 

Termite in the Board