Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Of course it comes thru Tuesday. That’s not in question. Talking about next weekend as the boundary ends up over the Apps with Great Lakes trough 

Weird how it feels that if we were talking about a winter storm in the extended, you'd be convinced it was coming right for you ;).  But guess the +KFS index seems to enjoy drought and pushes rain away.

Its so far out there I think just about anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

F ukinj liberal judges, geezus that needs to end letting these scumbags with long violent records on the streets. 

Unfortunately, this looks like it may be another case of, “ why on earth was this guy on the streets”. Didn’t see a ton on him yet but what’s been released shows he’s no stranger to police or criminal activity.

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Unfortunately, this looks like it may be another case of, “ why on earth was this guy on the streets”. Didn’t see a ton on him yet but what’s been released shows he’s no stranger to police or criminal activity.

He got in trouble for trying to sell a small amount of coke, then hid in the woods and made the police look around for an hour. Not exactly someone that should be locked up for the rest of their life. Tragic incidents happen, but pre-trial release without cash bail and rehabilitation should still be the rule. Just because something crazy happens once in a while doesn't negate the overall benefit of less incarceration, less cash bail, more alternatives to jail time etc. Remembering that "innocent until proven guilty" is the fundamental rule of our justice system. And that we shouldn't be trying to lock people up, quite the opposite. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nzucker said:

He got in trouble for trying to sell a small amount of coke, then hid in the woods and made the police look around for an hour. Not exactly someone that should be locked up for the rest of their life. Tragic incidents happen, but pre-trial release without cash bail and rehabilitation should still be the rule. Just because something crazy happens once in a while doesn't negate the overall benefit of less incarceration, less cash bail, more alternatives to jail time etc. Remembering that "innocent until proven guilty" is the fundamental rule of our justice system. And that we shouldn't be trying to lock people up, quite the opposite. 

Refreshing thoughts and on point.

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Refreshing thoughts and on point.

Yea so selling coke to kids and having violent fights with cops is reason to let these jerks back on the streets. The country is full of stories of violent criminals on the streets with minimum time or none served. Get educated , many stories of judges releasing drug dealers who dealt to kids because the judge said oh he was supporting his family. Pisses me off.  Congrats Libs on re electing Trump in 2020. Smarten up or we are doomed for 4 more years, geezus when the hell are you all going to get it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nzucker said:

Tragic incident, just STFU. You are so out of tune on what is really going on. Your sheltered life and your reliance on what you read has no base in reality. You want to know what the truth is about these drug morons, talk to a cop, go out with them for night in a city or even a suburb. Geezus you have no f in clue.

5 hours ago, nzucker said:

He'd been charged once before with a minor drug deal. Come on man. 

People are unpredictable, point blank.

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea so selling coke to kids and having violent fights with cops is reason to let these jerks back on the streets. The country is full of stories of violent criminals on the streets with minimum time or none served. Get educated , many stories of judges releasing drug dealers who dealt to kids because the judge said oh he was supporting his family. Pisses me off.  Congrats Libs on re electing Trump in 2020. Smarten up or we are doomed for 4 more years, geezus when the hell are you all going to get it.

Oh my. It’s not clear cut black and white dood. Talk to the parents of Kalief Browder. Watch the documentary at least. ’Educate’ YOURSELF. 

And btw I am not strictly talking about selling drugs to kids thats effed up. I am refrencing the whole ‘system’ in general. You seem to want to jail anyone who may have committed a crime, so we disagree here. Leave it there.

I can see both sides of the argument. Humans historically have been a fairly violent species. The internet, smart devices, and social media lead you to believe the world is falling apart...but I'd argue this is a relatively peaceful era. I think the problems that we do have go much deeper than just banning guns or locking druggies up. Most people think they have the solution though.

The only thing I've found that truly brings everyone together is trolling Tolland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can see both sides of the argument. Humans historically have been a fairly violent species. The internet, smart devices, and social media lead you to believe the world is falling apart...but I'd argue this is a relatively peaceful era. I think the problems that we do have go much deeper than just banning guns or locking druggies up. Most people think they have the solution though.

The only thing I've found that truly brings everyone together is trolling Tolland.

Good point! And to save countless posts we all should just agree that the WAR is going to build so far west that only parts of eastern Russia will see much in the way of rain.

Are any of you criminal attorneys?

Well i am, and practice alot of criminal law, not major offenses like murder or rape or anything, but minor offenses including some felonies. 

I have been before many really tough judges who refused to grant my clients any leeway or slack, so there is definitely not a proliferation of liberal criminal judges. There are some judges who are more lenient than others for sure though, but ive never seen a judge be irresponsible. 

One point @Ginx snewx doesnt understand is that there are limited resources in the judicial system. Half the time there arent enough court officers in the criminal courts due to funding issues, and our jails are over crowded. Also, putting guys in jail for years for minor violations destroys society, as many of these people are fathers, husbands, and hard working employees who make a mistake. Start putting everyone in jail and you will crush the taxpayer, families, and the economy. 

Again, unless you have been in the criminal court system representing either the government or defendants, you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Well i am, and practice alot of criminal law, not major offenses like murder or rape or anything, but minor offenses including some felonies. 

I have been before many really tough judges who refused to grant my clients any leeway or slack, so there is definitely not a proliferation of liberal criminal judges. There are some judges who are more lenient than others for sure though, but ive never seen a judge be irresponsible. 

One point @Ginx snewx doesnt understand is that there are limited resources in the judicial system. Half the time there arent enough court officers in the criminal courts due to funding issues, and our jails are over crowded. Also, putting guys in jail for years for minor violations destroys society, as many of these people are fathers, husbands, and hard working employees who make a mistake. Start putting everyone in jail and you will crush the taxpayer, families, and the economy. 

Again, unless you have been in the criminal court system representing either the government or defendants, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah we're all criminal attorneys but we much prefer to be here discussing more important matters such as how far west the WAR builds and how ERod's injury is a cause for concern going forward. 

13 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

While reading your posts the first word that came to mind was clueless. The second word that came to mind is do-gooder because you are one of those individuals who is more concerned with protecting the rights of criminals than you are with protecting the rights of crime victims.

A minor offense?? Pun intended?? A play on words??? He was arrested on 3 different charges including attempting to sell cocaine to minors. The vast majority of parents do not consider it to be a minor offense when someone attempts to sell cocaine to their kid. At the very least he should have been under house arrest while wearing an ankle bracelet. He should have been sitting in a cell in jail while awaiting trial.

A tragic incident??...oh you mean the murder of an on duty police officer and the murder of a woman who was an innocent bystander. Please explain to the families of both of the murder victims how those types of tragic incidents shouldn't be all that concerning to them because hey we have to protect the criminals.

Shouldn't your time be  better spent starting a Go Fund Me account to help with the defense costs of the trial?? Or are you going to attend his arraignment and attempt to make a case for "Pre-Trial release without cash"????

Oh I can't like this enough. Spot friggin on. Personal experience in my town.  A violent driug dealer was caught 4 times and released for trial the last time. While he was out he was involved in a violent home invasion, but hey he had to support his family.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh I can't like this enough. Spot friggin on. Personal experience in my town.  A violent driug dealer was caught 4 times and released for trial the last time. While he was out he was involved in a violent home invasion, but hey he had go support his family.

Yeah but according to PSV we have no idea what we are talking about.

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Both sides including you are part of the problem, dealing coke to kids and violent behavior should at minimum require home confinement while awaiting trial.  The constant letting repeat offenders back on the streets is also part of the problem. I agree put drug users in rehab put drug Dealers in jail