Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Going by temps/wind, looks like the ocean taint is reaching all the way to WVL.  Only 2 sites in Maine reporting HX 90+, IZG and FVE.  Not the grouping I'd expect.

That's not taint - it's a feature ;)

81F in North Windham when I left work, but you could feel the coolness of the breeze.  65.8F refreshing degrees on Munjoy Hill.  Tonight will be a beach dinner night

my dewpoint sensor on my pws is wacked. an hour ago it had a temp of 90 (accurate) with a dewpoint of -9, with a heat index of 135. if the dewpoint really was -9, i am pretty sure my skin would crack and fall off my bones in about 20 seconds.

Hit 91 on my station, dewpoint 74. It was brutal at the park today in Sandwich. Our park weather station got destroyed when March happened so I dont have numbers. But it was like being in Dantes inferno. Dewpoint made it hard to breathe and the air was almost completely calm all day. No sea breeze and we closed at 8pm and I left around 840pm. Climbers struggled today. We have water delivered and we ran out. The longer this heat goes on, the more likely it is outdoor people will suffer heat exhaustion

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

Still 76°. Feels worse right now than this time last night. 

Strange...a little different down here.  Dp's are a few degrees lower and yesterday was a couple of degrees "cooler" than Sunday as well (if you can call a high of 90° cool...lol).

14 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

LOL.

What a difference today is.....we topped out at 88.9, a helluva lot less humidity an a nice breeze.  A one day scorcha.

I was thinking that as I went to bed last night.  I have an old house that is poorly insulated and I can have a difficult time fully cooling down my bedroom which is on the south side of the house.  On Sunday it was still near 80 in it when I went to bed.  The Dp was in the upper 70s and the high was 92° on Sunday.  Yesterday I had a high of 90° but with the Dp 5° lower the bedroom was closer to 70° last night. 

Looks like the 850's temps tick downward till this weekend...looks like a nice CoC weekend coming up?

Much more comfortable last night.  Not sure if it was simply the cooler temps (we had only gotten to 88 yesterday, 4* cooler than Sunday) or also lower DP.  Either way, yesterday was not bad at all.  

Heading to Maine later today--hopefully after any storms roll through.  I guess we had some good ones last week while I was away.  My wife reported tons of lightning and I had to lower the pool level when I got back.  Based on AFD, I guess it's been dry for many though the lawn is lush here.

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been pretty much full summer here in Bourne since Friday. Went to First Encounter Beach yesterday and the water was amazing already. But dam is be hot.

You just pulled off one hell of a feat of strength not posting on the site for like a week.  :lol:

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The heat wave finished off the snow at Stowe for good.  This was yesterday (photo from a friend), last pile left.  Made it till July 4th in past years but record breaking heat did it in.

Shut 'em down.  No more snow on Mansfield.

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.876808a7b93448f5dd78e3a1f95b4fe4.JPG

The dirt-covered pile below Riverview Hospital is down to 2-3 feet, will not survive the week - probably won't survive tomorrow.  Cool June mornings extended its life several weeks beyond what I'd have guessed in mid May.  The larger and more protected pile under the downstream bridge is probably still 10'+, though I've not been down to have a look.  Should make it past mid month, though nothing like 2008 when the Central Maine glacier survived into the 4th week of August.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

The dirt-covered pile below Riverview Hospital is down to 2-3 feet, will not survive the week - probably won't survive tomorrow.  Cool June mornings extended its life several weeks beyond what I'd have guessed in mid May.  The larger and more protected pile under the downstream bridge is probably still 10'+, though I've not been down to have a look.  Should make it past mid month, though nothing like 2008 when the Central Maine glacier survived into the 4th week of August.

Makes me happy to know that snow exists somewhere in New England....

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

glad you made it. safe travels 

thanks. walking across the alewife brook parkway in cambridge is kind of like playing Frogger, even if you do have the walk signal. i think the hot weather makes people even more insane than they already were.