Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just back from BWI

My high was 91.1 and had a high dew of 80 today!!! Yes !!!

lol...high dew was 80F here as well. High heat index 112F. High temp-hum-sun-wind index was 128F. Chooks came out of it alive although many were gasping when panting.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

lol...high dew was 80F here as well. High heat index 112F. High temp-hum-sun-wind index was 128F. Chooks came out of it alive although many were gasping when panting.

This is one we pat each other on the back over, slap hi- fives and tell grandchildren about. An 80 dew is something deeply special 

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is one we pat each other on the back over, slap hi- fives and tell grandchildren about. An 80 dew is something deeply special 

The only think heat-related I remember is back when I was at Fordham coming out of the bars at 1:00a.m. and the temp was still about 90*.

Other than that, I find heat and humidity utterly forgettable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The only think heat-related I remember is back when I was at Fordham coming out of the bars at 1:00a.m. and the temp was still about 90*.

Other than that, I find heat and humidity utterly forgettable.

I actually remember Hot Saturday.  My oldest weather related memory

24 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

68/61 at home on Munjoy Hill, Portland

83/71 at home 25 miles away in North Waterboro

Two summers ago I met a friend in Concord NH  to eventually make our way to Portland.  Temp was in the upper 80s as we drank a beer on his porch.   We got to Portland to see everybody walking the streets in long pants and jackets/sweatshirts as it was 62 and breezy.  Oops,  good lesson and always taking extra clothes with you.

44 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Two summers ago I met a friend in Concord NH  to eventually make our way to Portland.  Temp was in the upper 80s as we drank a beer on his porch.   We got to Portland to see everybody walking the streets in long pants and jackets/sweatshirts as it was 62 and breezy.  Oops,  good lesson and always taking extra clothes with you.

Never go to the Maine city's, Town's or beaches along the coast unprepared..................lol   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You learn quickly once the sea breeze kicks in.

One bright mid-May day I went to Dept. of Corrections land in Warren-Cushing.  This was pre-Supermax, when it was just the Bolduc Unit and prison farm, and our agency was tasked with managing the woodlands.  Forecast for Augusta was 70s, and it was sunny and 60 with light winds as I departed from the vehicle in Cushing.  30 minutes later came a stiff breeze off the still-frigid ocean, with mid-40s temp and drippy fog.  Was not a very comfortable day in the woods - not one of my better decisions, either.

Just now, tamarack said:

One bright mid-May day I went to Dept. of Corrections land in Warren-Cushing.  This was pre-Supermax, when it was just the Bolduc Unit and prison farm, and our agency was tasked with managing the woodlands.  Forecast for Augusta was 70s, and it was sunny and 60 with light winds as I departed from the vehicle in Cushing.  30 minutes later came a stiff breeze off the still-frigid ocean, with mid-40s temp and drippy fog.  Was not a very comfortable day in the woods - not one of my better decisions, either.

lol, Looking at temps down that way today its 65°F in Rockland.

Just now, tamarack said:

Going by temps/wind, looks like the ocean taint is reaching all the way to WVL.  Only 2 sites in Maine reporting HX 90+, IZG and FVE.  Not the grouping I'd expect.

Not a surprise for IZG kind of odd that only FVE is reporting that up that way, We dropped back 1°F down to 80°F here.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not a surprise for IZG kind of odd that only FVE is reporting that up that way, We dropped back 1°F down to 80°F here.

IZG,FVE,PQI,CAR all showing 85 at 3 PM, but dews, respectively, are 73,71,70,70.  HX probably 89 at the "drier" sites, thus not displayed on GYX obs table.