Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Today wasn’t supposed to be that bad.

No but it was supposed to be day 1 of 90+ according to some.

I don't think half of the big 4 made it to 90.  I'm not poo pooing the heat, it does look like an impressive stretch.  I think Sun-Tues will be the highest numbers.

82° for the max here.

2 hours ago, MetHerb said:

No but it was supposed to be day 1 of 90+ according to some.

I don't think half of the big 4 made it to 90.  I'm not poo pooing the heat, it does look like an impressive stretch.  I think Sun-Tues will be the highest numbers.

82° for the max here.

Actually BDL and BOS did. What's the O-U that you u hit 90 at your chateau ? 3 ?

Today was miserable. It was 74/70 when I went to work. The air was so stagnant. Maybe we had the occasional 5mph puff of wind. The trees were so still today. Dripping sweat standing still and just breathing. Day 1 in the books. Can't wait till all the tourists start showing up battling hangovers, or just battling the regular food and sugar drink overindulgence during vacations. I bet I need to call 911 this week for a customer experiencing heat stress

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I did mine earlier in the week specifically so I could avoid doing it in the heat.  I still have some chores to do but nothing too bad.

Man I love summer. Chillaxin week ahead. No plans playing it by ear. 5 grandkids with 5 friends over tomorrow for a pool party. Super soaker ready for attack.  Lol The kid in me comes out when they are around.

• Like 1