Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

3 minutes ago, BrianW said:

95 in Norwalk was closed earlier. 3 inches of rain in 1 hour was reported. 

Video link here of all the idiots trying to drive through it.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/fairfield/stormy-weather-closes-portion-of-interstate-95-southbound-in-norwalk/1271710919#

ih13xg.jpg

I saw a guy walking up the exit ramp as I entered 95 north bound...which was all clear. Anyone familiar knows only time 95 is like that is 2am. 

Looks like you're a local min - folks all around you have 1"+
My gauge is screwed up. Only getting 0.70" since last night. Other stations nearby, like u said well over an inch. I went out and checked for plugged hole but it was clear. I tipped the tipper a couple times and it didnt register. ???

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

My gauge is screwed up. Only getting 0.70" since last night. Other stations nearby, like u said well over an inch. I went out and checked for plugged hole but it was clear. I tipped the tipper a couple times and it didnt register. ???

Their like $30ish

Image result for cocorahs gauge

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I just had a tipper problem. I dumped a 2liter soda bottle of water through it and shook the hell out of it and gave it a couple bangs...ran some more water through it..good as new

Probably pollen build up blocking the tipper

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Storm looks ova up here.   Total 1.20"   Month  3.25"    Seems like the axis of heavier rain was further SE than models had it yesterday but first good soak since April 25th. Now onto the heat.. 

Thank goodness. Got 0.7" here instead of the 3-5 inches they had predicted. I do not need flooding with about 20 check-ins in the next 5 days

I just had a tipper problem. I dumped a 2liter soda bottle of water through it and shook the hell out of it and gave it a couple bangs...ran some more water through it..good as new
Probably pollen build up blocking the tipper
After further research, it seems like it could be the reed switch. Will throw some water in the bucket first to be sure.