Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah woke up freezing in the house with all windows open and saw it hit 43F for a low.

Beautiful day out there right now.  Tons of cool mornings this month so far. 

Six mornings in the 30s so far.  For June, only 2004 (8) had more.  50-50 on Friday morning being #7.

Earlier full sun now filtered by high thin clouds.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Man what a day. Top 10er.

75/53 but broken high clouds off and on so I give today a 8.5.   Also really enjoying watching a turkey hen and her 7 chicks in my pasture.  The chicks hatched about 10 day ago and she and the family are staying around the pasture.  They are getting bigger by the day and now have feathers.  I assume they can fly to low branches at night.  I guess turkey families stay together for a couple of months so I am putting off cutting the pasture so they have high grass to hide in. 

Alex at Bretton Woods sent me another bear picture this AM and wanted to share with the group.  Love this picture.  Guess the bear was hungry and wanted to start up the grill.  Living in C/NNE is the best!

bear2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

75/53 but broken high clouds off and on so I give today a 8.5.   Also really enjoying watching a turkey hen and her 7 chicks in my pasture.  The chicks hatched about 10 day ago and she and the family are staying around the pasture.  They are getting bigger by the day and now have feathers.  I assume they can fly to low branches at night.  I guess turkey families stay together for a couple of months so I am putting off cutting the pasture so they have high grass to hide in. 

Alex at Bretton Woods sent me another bear picture this AM and wanted to share with the group.  Love this picture.  Guess the bear was hungry and wanted to start up the grill.  Living in C/NNE is the best!

bear2.jpg

He was trying to get at the grease and drippings.  

77F this afternoon with low dews and full sun.... so many of these amazing days this June.  And even May was one of the nicest months in NNE that you can get.

We may pay the piper at some point after 2 months of Top 10 days.

Monthly mean is 73/44 and -2.1, almost a 30-degree diurnal range in the means.  But not quite as nice of weather as May with a 31-degree diurnal range in the means.  That range is important in that it shows a lot of clear, sunny, dry air mass type weather.  The wet and humid months usually only have more like a 25F diurnal swing in the means.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mreaves said:

He was trying to get at the grease and drippings.  

Nah. He was just trying to be helpful and clean the grill. Our bears are very helpful critters. :)

In Boston tonight. Feels sweltering down here compared to home. Got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at the Sheraton; holy cow it's bigger than our house lol

Noticeable deforestation up in the Framingham/Southboro area as I was driving around,  Nothing at home.  Saw but a couple of caterpillars.  Lawn is still lush green over 80% despite the lack of rains.  Only areas showing summer stress are the areas seeing sun most of the day on the east side of house.

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

77F this afternoon with low dews and full sun.... so many of these amazing days this June.  And even May was one of the nicest months in NNE that you can get.

We may pay the piper at some point after 2 months of Top 10 days.

Monthly mean is 73/44 and -2.1, almost a 30-degree diurnal range in the means.  But not quite as nice of weather as May with a 31-degree diurnal range in the means.  That range is important in that it shows a lot of clear, sunny, dry air mass type weather.  The wet and humid months usually only have more like a 25F diurnal swing in the means.

Had 76/41 yesterday with more sun than clouds.  June diurnal range "only" 25° after May's 30, but without the cool drizzle-clouds of 4-7 my June average would be 73/45.

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Noticeable deforestation up in the Framingham/Southboro area as I was driving around,  Nothing at home.  Saw but a couple of caterpillars.  Lawn is still lush green over 80% despite the lack of rains.  Only areas showing summer stress are the areas seeing sun most of the day on the east side of house.

The caterpillars are awful here again this year....seems like its a much smaller zone this season versus last year, but I guess we were one of the "lucky" areas to get them again....hopefully next year they are gone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The caterpillars are awful here again this year....seems like its a much smaller zone this season versus last year, but I guess we were one of the "lucky" areas to get them again....hopefully next year they are gone.

Yes!! Love the damage. We’ve got em here but not as bad as last year . Took this last night.

OElHDAS.jpg

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Glad we don't live there

2 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I will figure it out

Huh, isn't the publishing house going to market it ?

If you are signing contracts and such, what are signing for then -

Also, congrats on getting that far.   See... you didn't need me after all.   'Sides, I prolly would of just fugged it up for ya -haha.