Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it is the opposite of dystopia -..heh

these three days in my mind essentially amount to 80-90-100 ...today thru Monday ... for all intense and purposes - not that you asked.  Just sayn' ... not exactly of course... just by tone.

I'm actually impressed that places like KASH in the machine guidance are pulling +5 to +10 highs and plausible total diurnal anomalies greater than even that, for the entire week really.  I mean, the subtle story is the warm pattern - it's setting the stage ( I feel) for something special in the east, below the 50th parallel, something we really haven't seen since 2012, and that's truly memorable heat, and it may take a week or two in early July to really do it...

We'll see...but the operational GFS isn't far off even before the end of this month, with two out of the last three cycles all indicate vast positive anomalies pervading the UMW-GL-NE axis on virtually every day from D6 to D15.....  The Euro was +11 on the coolest interval...otherwise 12 to 16 through D10 after the hot push on Monday. 

Time to correct  .... up

What's the breadth of CONUS warmth going to look like by month's end?  Yikes...

MonthTDeptUS.png.a0adf9e9adcc5bec4ff172a1274d62bd.png

Quick drop tonight again...should be a different story tomorrow evening.  Will be nice to have a summery evening or two.

7pm...78F

8pm...69F

9pm...59F

10pm...54F 

24 degree drop in 3 hours, like a cold front just moved through.  Stars glowing over the mountains on this crystal clear evening.

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Quick drop tonight again...should be a different story tomorrow evening.  Will be nice to have a summery evening or two.

7pm...78F

8pm...69F

9pm...59F

10pm...54F 

24 degree drop in 3 hours, like a cold front just moved through.  Stars glowing over the mountains on this crystal clear evening.

Nice.  Mine just took longer but I had a 34F diurnal overnight,  From 86F yesterday down to 52F this AM.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats everyone 

More people trying to find their way to Electric Blue.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

80’s is not Coc k lol

The Chamber won't be sneezing at 80*.

Meanwhile, I'm excited to be leaving for home tonight--have been out west for the last two weeks.  I'm also excited that BDL now has non-stop to SFO (thanks #unitedairlines).  Rumor has it that the Pit's turned a new color while I was gone.

58 minutes ago, alex said:

A warm but gorgeous one for us today. Currently 73 from a low of 41

Yeah we've shot up fast this morning.  Already up 35 degrees from the morning low of 44F.  Currently 79F at the 11am obs. 

Some massive diurnal changes this month...seems like every day is a 40 degree swing back and forth.

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

60’s and 70-78 is Coc k. 80+ is not. Not even close :lol:

Low 80s with low humidity is most certainly chamber weather in June/July/August.  Once into mid-80s, even with dews like today, it's more summer-like heat.

But a bunch of 82s at the ASOS with low humidity, absolutely.  In mid summer, anything with dews in the 40s and 50s is pretty much Chamber weather, lol. 

If its really enjoyable to be outside to do activities without sweating profusely, that's pretty much the driving force behind the Chamber of Commerce weather moniker. 

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Low 80s with low humidity is most certainly chamber weather in June/July/August.  Once into mid-80s, even with dews like today, it's more summer-like heat.

But a bunch of 82s at the ASOS with low humidity, absolutely.  In mid summer, anything with dews in the 40s and 50s is pretty much Chamber weather, lol. 

If its really enjoyable to be outside to do activities without sweating profusely, that's pretty much the driving force behind the Chamber of Commerce weather moniker. 

To each their own definition. Coc K s are hot above 80

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today wasn’t that enjoyable down here except if you’re by a cool body of water. 

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Today wasn’t that enjoyable down here except if you’re by a cool body of water. 

Yeah I hiked and it wasn't too bad but I agree I wouldn't call today COC.  Low-80s with low dews is probably the limit.  I think we got at least to 87F up here.

My vantage point though will be much different than say someone in CT...but an afternoon of 82/45 in July would be pretty damn nice.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Perfect summer's eve. Wow wow

Pool got used today for the first time this season.  Still rather cold, but at least it’s ready.    

Sitting on the screen porch finishing a tasty porter with the dog sleeping at my feet.   A good day.

i suppose I should get some grading done.

Annual grade field trip to state forest with swimming tomorrow.  At least I won’t be in my classroom.

Hope you had a good Father’s Day.

• Like 1