Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

39 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think I bought the set of clubs I have in 1996.  They're buried somewhere in the house.  Used to golf quite frequently but my golf friends all moved so I was left with no one to golf with than life went on and I got married, had a kid, got cancer, and the economy **** the bed.  Now I'm too busy to attempt to pick it up again but want to. :offtopic:  Looking like a nice weekend.  Get that Porch done.

When sh*t hits the fan, best time to play 18. Takes your mind off the grind of life.

• Like 1

What I actually have is a set of King Kobra Irons, Taylor Made Driver and 3-Wood and a Tight Lies Fairway Wood.  Like I said, probably bought in 1996.  22 years ago.  Damn.  I used to golf 2-3 times a week before I was married.  Time is not on my side now as I'm basically working 2 jobs, 7 days a week, morning and night.  Wife and I have taken our side work to the next level and it's taken off over the last couple years to the point of it being a 2nd full-time job, just not as well paying so not enough to sever ties on my main job, plus I get health coverage thru my job that covers the family.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What I actually have is a set of King Kobra Irons, Taylor Made Driver and 3-Wood and a Tight Lies Fairway Wood.  Like I said, probably bought in 1996.  22 years ago.  Damn.  I used to golf 2-3 times a week before I was married.  Time is not on my side now as I'm basically working 2 jobs, 7 days a week, morning and night.  Wife and I have taken our side work to the next level and it's taken off over the last couple years to the point of it being a 2nd full-time job, just not as well paying so not enough to sever ties on my main job, plus I get health coverage thru my job that covers the family.

Life is too precious and short to tie yourself up with work, around the clock. Just too much out there to experience and enjoy. I commend you and anyone else so dedicated to their profession or to start/run their own business....but I can’t work myself into the ground like that. My dad did, poor guy never made it to retirement. 

I work hard and do many DIY around the house, but I’ll be damned if I didnt have off days to play, anything.....I’d go insane. 

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What else are you doing now?

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hmm, I’m angling for Father’s Day new set of clubs.

• Like 1

I grew up playing with a set of old Titleist blade irons and Persimmon woods with a pin-sized sweet spot. On the odd occasion when you made perfect contact...greatest feeling. Made you want to come back out and try your luck again. Nowadays it feels like you really have to eff up to miss.

10 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

New set of clubs AND a new Davis for father's day? What's Christmas like ? :)

I need to let my wife know to step up her game.

I got a John Deere 4 years ago , all the kids and wife pitched in. Since then its been standard stuff because although I appreciated it very much, they all have their own needs so I laid down a new rule about gifts..  Big Poppa got rules and rules are followed, cept by Big Momma, who rules all

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I got a John Deere 4 years ago , all the kids and wife pitched in. Since then its been standard stuff because although I appreciated it very much, they all have their own needs so I laid down a new rule about gifts..  Big Poppa got rules and rules are followed, cept by Big Momma, who rules all

I still use my Dad's old boxey Craftsman lawn tractor from the 80s. It still runs well, but those shiny yellow and green JD's are tempting when I walk by them in the box stores.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I still use my Dad's old boxey Craftsman lawn tractor from the 80s. It still runs well, but those shiny yellow and green JD's are tempting when I walk by them in the box stores.

386975046.jpg

same here, looks like this one.  Have spent a few hours replacing parts on it this year and it's pretty satisfying to see it running again.  Simple machine really.

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

386975046.jpg

same here, looks like this one.  Have spent a few hours replacing parts on it this year and it's pretty satisfying to see it running again.  Simple machine really.

heh...pretty similar. I lost the plastic chute/guard thingy years ago though. I should look for a dead one on CL for parts.