• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

Based on what I see in the NOWdata, for Mount Mansfield (MMNV1) the 4 highest temperatures ever recorded are:

84F on June 7, 1999

82F on July 8, 1988

81F on July 9, 1988

81F on July 20, 1977

Anyone know what the 850mb temps were for that June 1999 heat?  The 1988 one is also impressive for back-to-back days.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Based on what I see in the NOWdata, for Mount Mansfield (MMNV1) the 4 highest temperatures ever recorded are:

84F on June 7, 1999

82F on July 8, 1988

81F on July 9, 1988

81F on July 20, 1977

Anyone know what the 850mb temps were for that June 1999 heat?

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1999/us0607.php

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I thought that was thrown out for some reason...

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s still on NOWdata.

I think I recall something on Wunderground last year discounting those high death valley readings.  It probably wasn't official but an editorial decision by Weather Underground so they are running with the new headline.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thanks, man you are fast.  But interesting as the 850 temps don't look overly warm, but it's also valid at 00z.  

I was also interested in how the MWN record temps happened at different times, but the 10-12F difference in the top tier temps makes sense as MWN is a solid 2,000ft higher...so normal 5-5.5F lapse rates gets you into that range.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Thanks, man you are fast.  But interesting as the 850 temps don't look overly warm, but it's also valid at 00z.  

I was also interested in how the MWN record temps happened at different times, but the 10-12F difference in the top tier temps makes sense as MWN is a solid 2,000ft higher...so normal 5-5.5F lapse rates gets you into that range.

That’s reanalysis so you have the 3hrly 850s for that day. Lemme find actual CXX data.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lapse rates actually look pretty steep this weekend as we have a solid eml pass overhead but we are very capped with the high 850 temps and massive ridging

I mean ...  in terms of geographical meteorology, for all intents and purposes that's not that far from here… It almost makes one wonder if it can happen there can it happen here? We know it has during the year without a summer and so forth but this is supposed to be the modern era and there hasn't been a super volcano recently. 

Reminds me of Jerry's discussion point from a couple days ago how sometimes that happens ... from a nadir to an acme inside of a week. I think NF is close enough in fairness to quadrature that that certainly qualifies-fascinating

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

One of our old posters!   Big snow lover ended up in the south so good to see him in Newfie.

Yea I have kept in touch him over the years. Great to see him, Quincy, Sammy Ian, and Jake really becoming national names. They were just teens here when they started.  

• Like 1