Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

really? how about the 98 in Northern Michigan and the 95+ in Ottawa

well...keep in mind... notable biases in these guidance tools can vary per region, too - ...not sure, but I have noted my self many times that the NAM -based machine guidance routinely has to add 2 to 5 F to catch up to the verification around this part of the country. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My favorite NE beach is Narra...  My buddies' wives let them out to play one weekend a summer and we gather up the boogie boards and the surf shirts and hit that beach... preferably about four days after an early 'cane bends between Bermuda and the EC ... sending out the big walls...   Don't always get to time that though...  

Shhhhhh....don’t tell anyone.  

S RI has the best beaches in New England and Narragansett is prob the best of those, although I really prefer Second Beach (Sachuest) in Middletown

This GFS run is better for bigger numbers in the 500 mb evolution ...but shaves 1 or 2 off the 850 mb ..  It only really amounts to like 1 or 2 F less, still a 4 to 5 day heat wave with the central two of 96 to 99 over eastern Mass and southern NH.   

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

S RI has the best beaches in New England and Narragansett is prob the best of those, although I really prefer Second Beach (Sachuest) in Middletown

Spent 5 years in the 90s surfing Green Hill. 

Just looking over the GFS to my untrained eye.  After the weekend heat it cools down a bit to upper 80's low 90's stuff but cooler comfortable lower dews r never gets in here.  Just hot, hot and humid over the next 10 days.  Convection chances seem to be increasing for next week too, especially up here.  Perhaps no crazy 105F heat but extended long duration deep summer.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Outer Cape is where it's at.  Truro and P-Town.

Head of the Meadow in Truro is our favorite, but the Eastham and Wellfleet National Seashore beaches aren't too shabby either.  We'll be out there at the end of the July, but I'll be longing for those 60 degree waters in a few days!

59 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hmm, being born and living for 45 years in SRI there are a couple of beaches better than Narry but its best left unsaid.

download.jpg

30 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Can we get one of the NWS folks to put that in a discussion so the media will pick up on it?  Kind of like the opposite of "Polar Vortex"...lol

Back in the end of December I started a thread for the long duration cold spell.  Not one to necessarily break records but the duration of ongoing intense cold.  Don't think the signal is quite there for the opposite of that or is it?  

1 hour ago, WxBlue said:

I'm actually feeling a bit underwhelmed by the upcoming heat wave. It's hot, no doubt, but not exactly a memorable one.

Also... LOL at NWS using "Hot" icon at 90. 

This could push GYX 850T records if the 23-25C verifies. I'm surprised at how many here are mehing 22C 850 temps up here. They are rare. Heck, we can do 90F at the sfc with 15C.

34 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Head of the Meadow in Truro is our favorite, but the Eastham and Wellfleet National Seashore beaches aren't too shabby either.  We'll be out there at the end of the July, but I'll be longing for those 60 degree waters in a few days!

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Coast Guard Beach is one of the best but if you know where to go to get away from crowds I'd pick SRI for that

These are basically one in the same since they are next to each other and, I agree, they are both fantastic.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...euro is all in.

It looks like those numbers are for 7PM CT?!  That's 100+ at locations at 8PM.  That would be impressive if it does verify.

The record I'm looking at is MWN's 72° record.  That's stood for a long time and would be impressive to see that broken.

Archived