• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

This heat wave producing some impressive heat indices. I saw Alpena was 98/72/107, and Munising was 90/77/103. That is an insane dew point for Lake Superior shores. Higher temps already hitting New York/ New Jersey region with dew pts of 60 at this time.

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

Kind of an interesting story. I was watching the Rockies vs the Dodgers last night. I looked up some stats on Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers. This young guy was born on the exact same day as the killer heat wave in Chicago- July 13, 1995. According to records that I found, this day was 106 in Chicago.

106 at Midway, but 104 at the official site of O'Hare.

Got 89’d for the second day in a row, so dang frustrating.the local met was talking about how out of the ordinary it is to have 80 degree dew points in June, as it’s more typical in July, kinda wonder if the advanced state of the crops is not aiding in the absurd dew points. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Flipped the script from yesterday when ORD beat MDW by 1.

Indeed.

looks like we had a bit better mixing today, but lower UA temps. In addition to th CU field being an issue as well.

Should have stuck with my original Fri was gonna be warmer than Sat call.

The outflow passed slowly south through Cedar Rapids in the last hour, bringing our temp/dew down to 74/68.  I'm patiently waiting for the bubbly convection to the west to reach me.  It's not in any hurry.  Central Iowa is getting nailed with torrential rain and flash flooding.

Yeah the rainfall out in central Iowa is very impressive.  

Lightning has been flashing in the northwest sky for the past few hours.  Outflow boundary is heading this way, and should knock off the warmth and high humidity in the next hour or so.  Not expecting much precip tonight.  The new 00z 3km NAM is trying to pop up storms overhead early tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see if we can get that to work.  Good chance they pop up off to the east though for the ol' classic skip over.  We really don't need the rain, but it would be nice to get a nice storm.

4 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Heavy rain (.85") and even some hail the past hour. Had a dew as high as 78 earlier today... just wow.

temp is down to 68.

That is insane. What was your high? Highest dew at DTW was 75°. High temp was 94°. So again nothing at all that would stick out in record books based simply on high temperature, but the humidity was crazy.

27 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Sunset from my place earlier. Yeah you could say I’m pretty rural lol. 

Dewpoint maxed at 80 here today. 89/80/106 was the max. 

E83A3FE8-BF54-4DBA-873D-A0CB24B5D48A.jpeg

You must have a tremendous view of incoming storms.  I'd love to do the rural thing one day.  Wouldn't want to be too far from a bigger town/city though, so actually your type of situation would be pretty ideal for me.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

That is insane. What was your high? Highest dew at DTW was 75°. High temp was 94°. So again nothing at all that would stick out in record books based simply on high temperature, but the humidity was crazy.

90.... First one I’ve seen at my house since I’ve lived here, and 80’s are  in the forecast until  Friday!  Much different summer than last.