Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

6 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Rockford Memorial Hospital (from twitter) 

82B9ABF3-320E-48E9-91B7-5CB1AA7B1551.jpeg

Wow

Maybe it's just me, but the reports around there seem pretty severe for the amount of rain that occurred.  Like, you would think they had 8-10" in a few hours or something.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Wow

Maybe it's just me, but the reports around there seem pretty severe for the amount of rain that occurred.  Like, you would think they had 8-10" in a few hours or something.  

I’m not familiar with Rockford (in laws are there, but I certainly don’t spend much time in the city). Sounds like the hospital flooding occurred on a “ground” floor, which may be partially below grade. Can’t be certain, but I would assume these other extreme photos are from more flood prone areas 

Just now, cyclone77 said:

That northern tier of IL counties sure seems to be a great spot to be for training storms in the summer, and heavy fronto band snows in the winter.  The Rockford area got smoked with flooding rains last summer a few times as well.

A few years ago, Madison was the place to be. It’s creeping towards us, get ready for that killer snow season! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

That northern tier of IL counties sure seems to be a great spot to be for training storms in the summer, and heavy fronto band snows in the winter.  The Rockford area got smoked with flooding rains last summer a few times as well.

Yes..and the lake  breeze sometimes helps to reinforce any outflows preventing  a warm front form moving north ahead of any disturbance moving in from the west...and training sets up....of course the odds increase with very high PW vales....

I remember the July 1996 epic event....was chasing and sat in Lasalle county watching storm after storm  train to my north and northeast for hours...

almost 17 inches at Aurora ....a state 24 HR record

https://www.weather.gov/lot/1996floodanniversary

It was very dry leading up to that event...and if it happened today there might even be more runoff because of the all the growth in the SW burbs....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

Yes..and the lake  breeze sometimes helps to reinforce any outflows preventing  a warm front form moving north ahead of any disturbance moving in from the west...and training sets up....of course the odds increase with very high PW vales....

I remember the July 1996 epic event....was chasing and sat in Lasalle county watching storm after storm  train to my north and northeast for hours...

almost 17 inches at Aurora ....a state 24 HR record

https://www.weather.gov/lot/1996floodanniversary

It was very dry leading up to that event...and if it happened today there might even be more runoff because of the all the growth in the SW burbs....

My mom talks about this event all the time, she worked in aurora at the time at the hospital and she couldn’t go to work for days. She said the majority of her friends that lived in Aurora lost their cars during that event. 

26 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

My mom talks about this event all the time, she worked in aurora at the time at the hospital and she couldn’t go to work for days. She said the majority of her friends that lived in Aurora lost their cars during that event. 

96 was epic.  I am old enough to remember it pretty well.  My area "only" got like 6-8" of rain, so not Aurora like but still quite a bit of flooding.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Storms staying south.  Unless something changes, looks like it might be the ole splitsville between yesterday and today.

Same here.  0.18" last night and 0.14" today.  We didn't really need it too bad though, so no biggie.  

EDIT:  MLI damn near snuck in another 90 today.  They hit 89 shortly before noon, and before the clouds and rain moved in.  Hit 85 here.

6 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Same here.  0.18" last night and 0.14" today.  We didn't really need it too bad though, so no biggie.  

EDIT:  MLI damn near snuck in another 90 today.  They hit 89 shortly before noon, and before the clouds and rain moved in.  Hit 85 here.

Well, small blob of moderate rain moving through now.   #winning