Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

23 minutes ago, hlcater said:

We’re under an excessive heat warning. Not really sure why because heat isn’t any worse than it has been. Also, only CR/IC and the QC are involved. Must be a duration thing?

Probably because of 2 straight days of 100+ heat index values. Same thing happens for Dayton and Cincinnati. 

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It's looking very wet through the corn belt over the next week.  The front will stall in the area and then an upper low will crawl from NE into IA.  The clouds and rain could really keep the temps down for a few days.

p168i.gif

I’m looking forward to it. I hate big ridges with these conditions. I’ll take a stalled boundary with storms any day over 95/75 under the ridge. Not a heat fan here.

Toledo was 95 today. In a rather weird turn of events, this is a higher temperature than any *July* day since 2012, and a higher temperature than any *August* day since 2006. It hotter than any *June* day just since last year, when the maximum temperature was 96 in June.

43 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Heat index of 100 already at 10:15am.  Only got down to 77 here.  Looks like 78 at MLI and 79 at ORD.

Intrahour low for ORD.  Looking at the 5 min obs, they may have been at 79 for about 10 minutes.  :lol:

43 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Intrahour low for ORD.  Looking at the 5 min obs, they may have been at 79 for about 10 minutes.  :lol:

79 at DTW for about an hour, but interestingly enough DET only got down to 81. Considering how that part of the city is a bit more open and doesn't have the concrete DTW has, it is surprising that DET stayed that warm.

5 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

91 ORD and 92 MDW as of noon.

Main area of debris clouds still well north and should just be dealing with the pop up stuff for the afternoon.  End result should be highs very similar to yesterday or perhaps a tick warmer in some spots.

7 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

95/77 here. Seems like yesterday will end up being the coolest day of this heat wave here when a few days ago I thought it would’ve been the hottest. 

Did you get rain yesterday?  I know there was stuff in the vicinity.