Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Indystorm said:

OFB pushing south of U.S, 30 in current radar across northern IN.  Unexpected, but might be enough to trigger some storms later today.  20% chance per IND.  90/71 here.

I just showed that radar to my wife and let her know that something could fire on that OFB at any time. Looks like right now cells are trying but getting capped. It may be through here and down by you before anything happens. But someone might get a surprise.

7 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Not much wind to help either. Dews here are enhanced thanks to the abundance of farmers fields around here. Almost can’t breath lol

Yeah, those crops really aid in evapotranspiration to push up that dew point.  Was surprised when I lived at Kentland and watched the IKK thermometer.  Although they may have had some mechanical problems at times.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

ORD peaked at 89 prior to the lake enhanced OFB moving trough. It’s down to 81 now.

looks like any chance of 90 is DOA now.

Hitting 90 just isn't going to happen today here, too. Maxed out at 88 about a couple hours ago thanks to the small, yet slowly-thinning, band of clouds. Still stuck at 86 as of 1:56pm. TWC did a good job sticking a fork on today early this morning.

22 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Halfway through

MonthTDeptUS.png.0e7f74e7943e0e50aaf918e864bdd38e.png

Brutal in the middle of the country.  At least that's not planted over Cali again and they find a break from the relentless hell out there for some yrs.   Is there thinking that the heat dome works its way east more as the summer progresses?

55 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Brutal in the middle of the country.  At least that's not planted over Cali again and they find a break from the relentless hell out there for some yrs.   Is there thinking that the heat dome works its way east more as the summer progresses?

Some of the longer range stuff is hinting at the heat coming back.  From a historical perspective, when we've had the kind of heat that we had in late May, often it's not the last of it and it is matched/exceeded later in summer. Always exceptions though.  

23 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Up to 91 at ORD. 

Looking at nearby temps, it doesn’t look the lake enhanced outflow really will have a sig affect on final high temps. Local readings that were not affected by the boundary are running at 90-92 currently.

The end result is a pretty homogenous temp distribution, but I think it might have cost a few degrees at the ob sites in the city.  If it had only been the boundary from overnight and not the one that came through midday, I think the more urban setting/lower dews would've sent temps to the mid 90s imo.

So far around here it's been 'What heat wave'?  It got to the low to mid 80s area wide, but manageable humidity (dews mostly in the upper 60s and an on and off lake component to the breeze).  Light rain moving in, might serve to increase the dew points slightly, though hopefully not.  Definitely a green look to the lawns, and has been most of this warm season.

Edit: I know tomorrow won't be too fun, but hopefully it's just this day (and a half with Monday probably).

2 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Hit 90 in Dayton before the storms popped up.

Surprised to see that happen after all today. I had a feeling 88 was all DAY was going to reach this afternoon before the storms popped up.

Third 90-degree day of the year, currently ties last "Summer's" total. :lol:

2 hours ago, AppsRunner said:

Only managed 92/75 here. Several degrees cooler than the ECM had. Only a couple more days of hot weather before things "moderate" a bit. Anyone know who hit 80F dewpoints today? 

Had a max dew point of 82 here today, thanks to a light shower + calm winds after the shower + evopotranspiration from fields. 

Archived