Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

27 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

GFS has been advertising a tropical system way out in the extended.  The 18z run brings it into Texas and it really pumps the ridge out ahead.

Yeah if that happens, the heat we just had would be child's play compared to that ridge.

56 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah if that happens, the heat we just had would be child's play compared to that ridge.

Oh yeah, that would be widespread 100 degree potential.  

Besides that particular enhanced heat episode, the model runs have been impressive overall with the expanse of warmer than average temps.  

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Oh yeah, that would be widespread 100 degree potential.  

Besides that particular enhanced heat episode, the model runs have been impressive overall with the expanse of warmer than average temps.  

I am buying a new AC unit tomorrow, expect the models to back off significantly :lmao:

10 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I’ll tell you what guys. I’ve been down south for over a week now in SC and GA, my god I’m glad we don’t have summers like this. Today on Hilton Head it was 90/75 for a high. Just brutal with a light breeze

Powerball must be in seventh heaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Looks like the GFS is trending towards the Euro, which has been keeping the better ring of fire setup southwest of the sub.  Hopefully the last half of June gets more active. 

That's fine, I'm not really wanting a MN/WI/MI/OH ring of fire in early June. I'd rather not have one at all, but #2018ing. Still have yet to have any appreciable severe weather around here.

another very limited sunshine weekend and perfect cool temps for outdoor work.  before we know it fall will be here. boy did spring fly by right in to our short summers. 4 more months and our friends to the north will  peeking at the long range for the first :snowwindow:

4 hours ago, UMB WX said:

another very limited sunshine weekend and perfect cool temps for outdoor work.  before we know it fall will be here. boy did spring fly by right in to our short summers. 4 more months and our friends to the north will  peeking at the long range for the first :snowwindow:

With the long falls we've been having lately, no reason to sound too excited for winter yet! :gun_bandana:

• Haha 1

The last 3 days have been bad, they give off the stench of 2014. That cold June air with the dark, overcast skies just suck so bad even if it came off the heels of an impressive heatwave. The temperatures today are way below average around 12ºC with a windchill of 10ºC. Soon this cloudy start to the week and June will be a long forgotten bump in the road.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:32 PM, cyclone77 said:

Man, this site is freakin' dead lol.  Nice day with gusty northwest winds to over 35mph, and dews in the mid 40s.  Pretty refreshing.

I couldn't get on here since Saturday night (no matter what I tried... laptop, phone, etc) and I know some other people were having problems too. 

2 hours ago, hlcater said:

12z GFS and GEFS are quite wet over the next 7 days. I wouldn't be opposed to this.

qpf_acc.us_mw.png

qpf_acc.conus.png

Odd that the GFS has the ring of fire look while the GEFS has the Hudson Bay upper low look. I just hope it does get a tad damp here in central Indiana. It is getting too dry here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I couldn't get on here since Saturday night (no matter what I tried... laptop, phone, etc) and I know some other people were having problems too. 

Yeah I couldn't get on yesterday either.  Looks like all is well now though.

Another 90 in the bag today.  Hit 90 here, and also at MLI.  Didn't feel too warm with dews under 60.  Backdoor front is almost here, and some agitated cu has popped up overhead.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Couldn't get here on my laptop but I could on my phone which seemed kind of odd. Appears to be back to normal now.