• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rtd208

June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Next 8 days averaging 77degs., or about 5degs. AN.

Month to date averaging  -1.4.   Should be  +1.0 by the 22nd.

...picked the worst day to go to the US Open yesterday..pretty much rained all day when

we were there(1p-6p) and surprised how bad the fog/visibility were..but all in all it was good to be there.

weather looks awesome from here on out(except for the wind today)..

Conditions are starting to dry out this month around the area. The surge of 850's near +20C early next week should continue this process. 

MonthPDeptNRCC.png.178484838bf153b16a202b59539024be.png

IMG_0155.thumb.PNG.851b2c12a221e221071e63737f2d9773.PNG

50 minutes ago, seanick said:

Some of my footage from yesterday's tornado in PA was picked up by CBS. It was a complete war zone. Had to be atleast an EF-1. 

I would think tossed cars is more like EF2 damage. Anyone have the NWS report?

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

was a confirmed EF-2. Thankfully no fatalities

Most of the stores in W-B Township close at 8 or 9pm. The timing (touchdown was after 10pm) was a big life-saver.

The strong offshore flow really dropped the humidity today. Made it pretty easy for temps to beat guidance.

Newark/Liberty FAIR      87  45  23 NW21G32   29.75S

Next 8 days still averaging 77degs., or about 5degs. AN.

Month to date is  -1.0.   Should be  +1.2 by the 23rd.

Not sure what to expect for Long Island, I’ve seen everything from 70’s to 90’s across different models/forecasts.

Surely the ocean influence should’ve lessened considerably by now, I don’t see us being stuck in the 70’s.

GFS OP is in the rubber room w/o its medication in going for 100 here on Monday.    GEFS is 5-10 lower over next 5 days.

EPS is 94 and 86 for us Mon./Tues.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The good news is that both Euro and GFS slowed the cold front until Tuesday afternoon and introduced thunderstorms. We will need some rain after such a big drying out. Decent looking shear and instability forecast for Tuesday.

After an EF2 just hit my hometown, I'm going to be careful what I wish for.

2 hours ago, Cfa said:

Not sure what to expect for Long Island, I’ve seen everything from 70’s to 90’s across different models/forecasts.

Surely the ocean influence should’ve lessened considerably by now, I don’t see us being stuck in the 70’s.

Sunday and Monday LI will roast. Islip probably hits 90 on Monday, north shore 93-94

• Like 1

The Euro seems to be very bullish on the rain coming Tuesday afternoon. It’s too early to see if this is a fluke or the beginning of a trend here. I want the rain and cold front to come on Wednesday instead as I’m less out of the house that day.

Looks like warmer/hotter times ahead through the end of next week at least. 90's likely on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with 80's the rest of the week. Tomorrow should also be a very nice day with mid 80's temps being forecast.

28 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Looks like warmer/hotter times ahead through the end of next week at least. 90's likely on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with 80's the rest of the week. Tomorrow should also be a very nice day with mid 80's temps being forecast.

Yeah, the second half of June will easily be warmer than the first half was. Dueling ridge pattern between the East and West Coasts. Ridges are popping right where all the warm SST departures are located. 

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_1.thumb.png.7f4e74171c22e8f46b9f38701cca9677.png

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_6.thumb.png.5fded64b453a5d8e1b520ba74892906a.png

sstanom0.png.9f8c713ebcbf96444780e8296d6c7c2b.png

• Like 1