Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

56 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

With the high humidity levels, who thinks LAG and EWR have overnight lows not getting below 80 for a few nights this weekend/early next week? I do. Central Park probably dips just below 80 because of the vegetation and the relatively moist soil thanks to today's downpours.

Wouldn't surprise me. That really makes extended heat unbearable in urban areas

Tomorrows low humidity heat should help it dry out. A wall to wall day of full sunshine and 90 can do a lot, before the hazy filtered sun comes in the following days.

Remainder of June is averaging 82degs., or 8degs. AN.

Month to date is   -0.2.   Should end about  +0.3.

The full 8 days are averaging 84degs., or 9degs. AN

The GFS. Max./Min Output is still insane averaging a 10 day high of 98!!!.    This must be the theoretical highs we are facing w/o regard to clouds and wind vectors at surface.

7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The NAM is a day faster than the Euro. The NAM develops the more easterly onshore flow close to the coast on Sunday. While the Euro brings on the more onshore flow for Monday. There will be some pretty high dewpoints along that boundary if it verifies.

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/new-jersey/windspeed-streamlines/20180702-1800z.html

Once again I think it's bogus IMO. 

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

I will take a compromise of the NAM and Euro. More onshore flow develops Sunday Night into Monday. So Sunday may be the hottest day  of the heatwave near the coast before the chance of more sea breezes.

I don't see any onshore flow having much effect from the city westward or at least west of the city. Long Island and the immediate shore, yes possible. 

13 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Pouring here again.

The storm we had a little after 7pm here was a nice one. Had some 40mph wind gusts, and dropped a quick .30" to get me over three quarters of an inch for the day. Glad we have some good soil moisture at the start of this heat wave, but of course it won't take too long for it to dry out. Going to be a rough stretch with combo of exteded heat and no rain through next week.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Sunday looks like the best chance for Newark to finally get its first 100 since July 2013.

NEWARK              
 KEWR   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   6/29/2018  0000 UTC                       
 FHR  24| 36  48| 60  72| 84  96|108 120|132 144|156 168|180 192      
 FRI  29| SAT 30| SUN 01| MON 02| TUE 03| WED 04| THU 05| FRI 06 CLIMO
 X/N  94| 72  96| 75 102| 78  96| 77  93| 75  93| 74  94| 76  92 65 85

Agreed maybe another shot next week Between 7/6-7/79

Recent just missed

6-13-2017: 99
7-25-2016: 99
7-20-2017: 98
8-13-2016: 98
7-23-2016: 98
7-19-2015: 98
9-8-2015: 98

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Awful stretch of weather coming up

Who In their right mind like temps in the 90s?

Low to mid 90s in a bone dry climate, a strong breeze and beautiful landscapes is ok with me. I can deal with it.

But that certainly isn't the case with this nasty soupy weather coming up or our part of the world with regards to landscapes. 

3 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Low to mid 90s in a bone dry climate, a strong breeze and beautiful landscapes is ok with me. I can deal with it.

But that certainly isn't the case with this nasty soupy weather coming up or our part of the world with regards to landscapes. 

81/72 now, come on, thats not so bad...