SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will likely be a stretch of 7-9 consecutive days of 90F temperatures, beginning tomorrow, for most locations. Thereafter, the mid level ridges will reorient, and the mid/upper structure seems rather auspicious for ring of fire convective activity from the Lakes into the Northeast as we approach mid July. Heights will still be up around 588dm, so this won't be a cool pattern by any means. I'm thinking we'll transition from heat wave --> persistent mid/upper 80s. 

July, as a whole, looks very hot nationwide, and I anticipate the June-July couplet to be one of the hottest periods on record for the United States. July still appears to me, to be the warmest month relative to normal for the summer in our part of the country. We should begin to see more troughiness in the means by late July. So far, everything is essentially on track.

Heard the thunder, but only 0.14" of rain here. Hoping for some convection this afternoon to satiate the vegetation prior to this torch period. 

Another point I didn't mention in the last post; I think overnight minima will be impressively high as dew points increase. We could see several nights with lows near 80F or above in the most urban areas.

17 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The GFS has a large area of 100+ potential from the MA into NE. 

f78.thumb.gif.254ac7c491fb83cd3efa371b19e7f7da.gif

the highest 850s are north, I am wary of GFS surface temps in the i95 corridor as the upgraded boundary layer interpretation of UHI is over stated. 

2 hours ago, Isotherm said:

Heard the thunder, but only 0.14" of rain here. Hoping for some convection this afternoon to satiate the vegetation prior to this torch period. 

Another point I didn't mention in the last post; I think overnight minima will be impressively high as dew points increase. We could see several nights with lows near 80F or above in the most urban areas.

The AC in Penn Station is broken. A prolonged heatwave with high overnight temps and its going to be a nightmare in there next week 

Archived