Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

29 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Hearing about multiple injuries from folks in the FD. Lots of trees down in the city as well... one landed on a house and another struck a pedestrian. Central Hudson has about 4,000 outages reported so far. Nasty stuff.

Rough severe weather month for the interior NE since May 18th. 

Speaking of nasty stuff.  The heat finally seeped back to CI and temperature shot to the upper 80's and so did tempers.    Stabbings and rioting at Stilwell Ave. and the Boardwalk.   Ongoing problem with a Level 1 Mobilization here.   6:45PM...............

Update:

Since the businesses are not going to be ordered closed for the nigh,t and the Cyclones are playing their opener here, the police will have to remain heavily manned all night.   Those storms are doing their splitzo/nitzo, so rain will have no effect on crowd     There were two, non-life-threatening stabbings.  Will be surprised if no further incidents occur.   Already the same gaggle of police at the initial event had to run north a few hundred feet to break up a fight at the Stillwell Ave. Terminus.   About 85 now @7:45PM,  and semi ominous to the southwest, which means a miss.

http://bronx.news12.com/story/38452539/police-2-stabbed-near-coney-island-boardwalk

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I noticed that the Berks were looking parched while driving home from Boston on Saturday. I didn't take as close a look as you did in your travels, but the terrain just seemed to have that washed-out hue that I associate with August.

As an aside, I bailed on the Pike at exit 2 and took the surface roads the rest of the way, and had to stop for a black bear on CT Route 41 in Salisbury, right near where it intersects the AT. Second bear I've come across in the NW hills this month.

I do a bit of riding while I'm out and about so I get a closer look at what's going on than most travelers. Funny that's the impression you got, I saw deep summer green and lush lawns and fields, you really have to look closely to see the parched soil.

We just got a good thorough soaking here for about 15-20 minutes, thankfully no wind to speak of but some great thunder and lightning. Street is steaming, it was pretty hot after hitting 96 here this afternoon.