Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

Honestly, this warmer/hotter weather is what I have been waiting for. The weekends where we had BDCF's move through with temps in the 50's/60's were for the birds. I would have no complaints if temps were in the upper 80's to low 90's the rest of the summer.

I agree with you

2 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Honestly, this warmer/hotter weather is what I have been waiting for. The weekends where we had BDCF's move through with temps in the 50's/60's were for the birds. I would have no complaints if temps were in the upper 80's to low 90's the rest of the summer.

The initial heat surge for Sun-Tue will feel shocking to most people given relatively cool temps first half of June. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of 100 readings given the recent dry spell. 

Next 8 days still averaging 77degs., or about 4degs. AN .

Month to date is  -1.1.    Should be  +0.7 by the 24th.

What!  Not even a 90 Degree Day showing now!?  And I was so looking forward to 'back to back 100's'.  Well, I will settle for a nice lightning show Mon-Tues.

Oh, I get it.  Just move the inferno ahead and start it on the 24th.  All 90's starting then,   till July 02 and beyond.   With these numbers the second half of June will be +15 or something similar.

Just in case:  Avg. June. 71.4. Rec. 76.2--1943.....so we need a +4.9 month to set new record, or a +11 starting today.

55 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Be interesting to see if the 0z guidance was correct about the shift to more clouds on Monday. Full sun with 850's near +20C translate to upper 90's. Partly cloudy would be low to mid 90's. The record for Newark is 97 degrees. Models also moved to a stronger sea breeze for Long Island.

Debris clouds from upstream MCS's are always the wild card....

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

Models also speeded up the frontal passage for Tuesday so it comes through drier  with less instability.

i hate this new normal of erratic rainfall. it's like the atmosphere flips a switch

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Speaking of watering trees, the new trees the state installed on the wantagh parkway are definitely drying out. Without a good soaking they will be dead soon. 

we would really need an out of place noreaster or something to do any good-a Tstorm will just run off...

41 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Speaking of watering trees, the new trees the state installed on the wantagh parkway are definitely drying out. Without a good soaking they will be dead soon. 

They should’ve planted cacti and yuccas (seriously).

32 minutes ago, doncat said:

We do have our dry summers on occasion, but most stations do average 4" or so of rain for each summer month....The average here is over 13".

Luckily, none of the dry summer months of the 2010's came close to 1999 and 1995. That was the last time any of our major stations experienced less than .50 during a summer month. I can still remember some of the local ponds almost completely drying up. Since then, brown lawns were the greatest effect of the lesser dry patterns.

EWR....Jun 99......0.41

NYC.....Jul  99......0.44......Aug 95.....0.18

JFK......Aug 95.....0.22

LGA.....Aug 95.....0.12

• Like 1