• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

...picked the worst day to go to the US Open yesterday..pretty much rained all day when

we were there(1p-6p) and surprised how bad the fog/visibility were..but all in all it was good to be there.

weather looks awesome from here on out(except for the wind today)..

Not sure what to expect for Long Island, I’ve seen everything from 70’s to 90’s across different models/forecasts.

Surely the ocean influence should’ve lessened considerably by now, I don’t see us being stuck in the 70’s.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The good news is that both Euro and GFS slowed the cold front until Tuesday afternoon and introduced thunderstorms. We will need some rain after such a big drying out. Decent looking shear and instability forecast for Tuesday.

After an EF2 just hit my hometown, I'm going to be careful what I wish for.

2 hours ago, Cfa said:

Not sure what to expect for Long Island, I’ve seen everything from 70’s to 90’s across different models/forecasts.

Surely the ocean influence should’ve lessened considerably by now, I don’t see us being stuck in the 70’s.

Sunday and Monday LI will roast. Islip probably hits 90 on Monday, north shore 93-94

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Looks like warmer/hotter times ahead through the end of next week at least. 90's likely on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with 80's the rest of the week. Tomorrow should also be a very nice day with mid 80's temps being forecast.

Yeah, the second half of June will easily be warmer than the first half was. Dueling ridge pattern between the East and West Coasts. Ridges are popping right where all the warm SST departures are located. 

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_1.thumb.png.7f4e74171c22e8f46b9f38701cca9677.png

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_6.thumb.png.5fded64b453a5d8e1b520ba74892906a.png

sstanom0.png.9f8c713ebcbf96444780e8296d6c7c2b.png

• Like 1