Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

11 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I mean honestly, even the 06Z GFS came further north with the heavier precipitation. I am not saying the NAM will be right but we certainly can't deny the trend. I agree it looks pretty close to me as well.

But notice how even the 4km NAM is further south than the 12km NAM with the heaviest axis. Looks more like a jackpot somewhere  between South Philly and the Driscoll bridge with lighter amounts north of there. 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

But notice how even the 4km NAM is further south than the 12km NAM with the heaviest axis. Looks more like a Jackpot somewhere  between Philly and the Driscoll bridge with lighter amounts north of there. 

I can agree with that, but in a sense the NAM has already been more right then wrong regardless how far north the "heaviest" precipitation makes it. The fact is precipitation as a whole is further north like the NAM has been showing over the last few runs. I think the radar (currently) looks closer to the NAM versus anything else, it certainly doesn't look like the GFS at this point that is for sure. We will just have to see how it plays out.

34 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I can agree with that, but in a sense the NAM has already been more right then wrong regardless how far north the "heaviest" precipitation makes it. The fact is precipitation as a whole is further north like the NAM has been showing over the last few runs. I think the radar (currently) looks closer to the NAM versus anything else, it certainly doesn't look like the GFS at this point that is for sure. We will just have to see how it plays out.

But you can see the 12z NAM shifting south of 6z with the heaviest rainfall axis.

51 minutes ago, bluewave said:

But you can see the 12z NAM shifting south of 6z with the heaviest rainfall axis.

But but but..lol 

Like I said I am not claiming the NAM will be correct here, just currently is more correct then the other models IMO. I am still under the idea that most of the heaviest rain will probably be south of the NYC metro area.

35 minutes ago, doncat said:

Lots of dry air to overcome...dp has been dropping all morning.

Strong high pressure holding on over New England and SE Canada as has been the case recently. Getting some breaks of sun out on Long Island with dews in the 40's. While it isn't a beach day, you can get out and do some yardwork.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/GOES_NE/loop60.html

Yep the steady rain has already started here and it's clearly gonna rain all afternoon and evening according to radar. Complete washout today. You could see it coming yesterday as NAM and RGEM shifted the rain way north. Too bad Craig Allen and Jeff Smith were off last night and low skill people were filling in for them, so no one was on that could look at the new models and alert people to the changes. A lot of people are gonna be surprised to see the washout this afternoon.

5 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep the steady rain has already started here and it's clearly gonna rain all afternoon and evening according to radar. Complete washout today. You could see it coming yesterday as NAM and RGEM shifted the rain way north. Too bad Craig Allen and Jeff Smith were off last night and low skill people were filling in for them, so no one was on that could look at the new models and alert people to the changes. A lot of people are gonna be surprised to see the washout this afternoon.

Nws is only going 40% in my area. They'll probably put out another update soon

5 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nws is only going 40% in my area. They'll probably put out another update soon

Yeah that's a joke. Forecast should be 100% chance of rain with amounts close to 1 inch. They are terribly slow to update. A lot of people will unfortunately be surprised by this complete washout.

9 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah that's a joke. Forecast should be 100% chance of rain with amounts close to 1 inch. They are terribly slow to update. A lot of people will unfortunately be surprised by this complete washout.

Meanwhile the other day when there was barely anything on radar they were going with a 70% of numerous showers and we saw nothing

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think we switch to full summer mode after the 17th, meaning daily 80+ readings and a high chance of 90+ temps. 

Should see a lot less backdoor influence too. 

I hope that you are correct!  May I ask what the reasoning is for this forecast from you?  Is there anything that you are seeing that gives you the confidence to say that?  I'm not trying to be difficult, I desperately want to believe you

11 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

I hope that you are correct!  May I ask what the reasoning is for this forecast from you?  Is there anything that you are seeing that gives you the confidence to say that?  I'm not trying to be difficult, I desperately want to believe you

Yeah, look at the post above the one you quoted.

Archived