SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easterly flow gusting near 30 mph now in SW Suffolk. Gradient really tightening between the low developing to our south and the perma-high to our north. This was or 6th weekend in a row since late April with at least some rain.

7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Easterly flow gusting near 30 mph now in SW Suffolk. Gradient really tightening between the low developing to our south and the perma-high to our north. This was or 6th weekend in a row since late April with at least some rain.

Only 0.01 here this weekend. I guess that counts as rain? 

Brilliant sunshine now and 66

2 hours ago, psv88 said:

Only 0.01 here this weekend. I guess that counts as rain? 

Brilliant sunshine now and 66

Had a late downpour yesterday. Gusting to 34 mph now. 

Interesting looking low development to our south now.

This is not your typical cold-core mid-latitude cyclone over #DelMarVa #DCwxregion this morning. It has a tropical airmass coincident with its circulation and also shows modest symmetry. Not quite warm-core but an early season wannabe? #NorHybridEasterpic.twitter.com/UbODWwxbvg

19 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Had a late downpour yesterday. Gusting to 34 mph now. 

Interesting looking low development to our south now.

This is not your typical cold-core mid-latitude cyclone over #DelMarVa #DCwxregion this morning. It has a tropical airmass coincident with its circulation and also shows modest symmetry. Not quite warm-core but an early season wannabe? #NorHybridEasterpic.twitter.com/UbODWwxbvg

Did fairly well rain wise yesterday, picked up 0.25" with the storms that moved through just after midnight (Saturday morning) and picked up an additional 1.11" with the storms during the afternoon for a total of 1.36" of rain for the day.

43 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

56 degrees with a stiff east wind. I will not turn the heat on in the house, I will not turn the heat on in the house........

I can't believe how cold it is with the wind.  We just can't seem to enter a prolonged period with warm temps and sunny weather.  The heat isn't going on though, not on June 3rd lol.

1 hour ago, JerseyWx said:

I can't believe how cold it is with the wind.  We just can't seem to enter a prolonged period with warm temps and sunny weather.  The heat isn't going on though, not on June 3rd lol.

Funny... it's the first time I've been comfortable in days. Window fans in every room pumping the house full of sweet relief.

The rain looks pretty wimpy though, probably going to be useless for well/pool/garden purposes.

Archived