• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 15 2018 Severe Threat SNE

CT Rain

Just back from Hford, saw crazy damage in Wallingford/N.haven area where that big area of rotation crossed 91. Trees down everywhere, had to exit onto rt.5, power out, debris all over the place... Strongly suspect tor might have gone thru that area after looking at radar. 

What a crazy day. We went to the park and talked and I was explaining to her about the storms and then we went to a diner and about 5 minutes later power went out and all hell broke lose. She even took video of the storm too and laughed when I ran outside and got drenched. She went crazy when it started hailing and even picked up some pieces. Her house though and town got hit very hard. Trees all over her front yard uprooted and same in the back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

What a crazy day. We went to the park and talked and I was explaining to her about the storms and then we went to a diner and about 5 minutes later power went out and all hell broke lose. She even took video of the storm too and laughed when I ran outside and got drenched. She went crazy when it started hailing and even picked up some pieces. Her house though and town got hit very hard. Trees all over her front yard uprooted and same in the back. 

I'm turned on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Now that's what I call a hot date. Nice! (except the damage, obviously)

We faired pretty well in my neighborhood. A few blocked streets and snapped maples and pines, but nothing on houses that I saw. Power is still on. Unfortunately, it looks like my uncle is going to spend the night at an elementary school with 20 kids and their after-school teachers, as their route out is impossibly blocked by fallen trees and crews won't be able to get in to them until tomorrow.

CAM, LEWP? Never seen those acronyms before. 

No thunderstorm action here. Just some showers and a cool afternoon after a bright, sunny start. 

As a homeowner now, I could do without the severe, especially large hail as it will destroy your asphalt shingles and siding. I still do love a good summer storm though.

9 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

CAM, LEWP? Never seen those acronyms before. 

No thunderstorm action here. Just some showers and a cool afternoon after a bright, sunny start. 

As a homeowner now, I could do without the severe, especially large hail as it will destroy your asphalt shingles and siding. I still do love a good summer storm though.

Yeah for those who don’t know: 

CAM = convection allowing model

LEWP = line echo wave pattern, similar to QLCS (quasi linear convective system)

• Like 1