Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 15 2018 Severe Threat SNE

CT Rain

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Can I ask what the general overall feeling is on the potential? I feel like when things are predicted ahead of time, severe never materializes. It seems like SNE does better in "sneaky scooter" setups...things that never really warrant a preemptive warning usually end up producing 

3 hours ago, Hoth said:

Sky has that funny slightly darker blue hue to it today, like someone mixed a dash of payne's grey in it. Reminds me a lot of the look on June 1, 2011 to be honest.

EML FTW!

It makes all the difference when creating robust updrafts. Plus the sky would tend to be more blue, because the dry air has less water vapor (obviously) and particulates that scattered other colors of light to make the sky appear paler. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But will it be OTG for 35 miles?

Very unimpressed with winds here...saw a nice shelf cloud earlier, my son might have grabbed a pic of it

My son will only know me as muttering to myself around the house about a faux 35 mile tornado track...

But the real juice was definitely along and south of that modified OFB from earlier. South of the Pike as they say in Tolland (except when it's north of the Pike).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man do Thunderstorms hate the Merrimack Valley. Sitting in between the cells over Andover/Burlington area an the ones to my north about to go through Londonderry area. Just some light rain and rumbles in the distance here.  Seems to happen quite a lot in this area. 

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But will it be OTG for 35 miles?

Very unimpressed with winds here...saw a nice shelf cloud earlier, my son might have grabbed a pic of it

Looked good on radar but did not produce.   I think Tip said earlier that RT 2 corridor was a long shot for any real severe after that first line went through.