• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Mountains and Foothills Spring/Summer thread

42 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I'm not home but checked my weather station online and have a storm total of only .52. I called my neighbor to check in and he has .49. This is definitely an upslope event and doubt the western side will top an inch. You guys be careful and hope the flooding is minimal.

Interesting. To your point, south toe at the hemlocks is raging right now. Flood warning there. 

• Like 1

Per radar, it looks like things are lightening up from Yancey south. I have .89 in the gauge but apparently the SW part of the county has had some issues. Glad we won't be returning to a mess. 

We're headed back to Salter Path Tues morning. We're flying into Michael J. so we wouldn't have deal with flooded roads. They started letting people over on the island today that had return permits and we got ours before we left. What we hear is that Bogue Banks took a good hit but nothing that can't be overcome. A neighbor got back today and said our house didn't flood, just typical stuff.

Glad this thing's getting out of here. I hate hurricanes. I want a 30 incher this winter to even things out.

20 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

The North Fork of the Catawba did reach flood stage and flooded last night. 

Yea but you have to admit the flooding wasn't nearly as bad as what happened back in May and years past. 2004 is the modern day litmus test for the region but one day a 1916 will happen again. 

13 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Yea but you have to admit the flooding wasn't nearly as bad as what happened back in May and years past. 2004 is the modern day litmus test for the region but one day a 1916 will happen again. 

Oh yeah definitely not but it did flood, sad to say it’s almost become the norm this year to see a flood warning for a portion of the Catawba but when you have over 70 inches or rain YTD in September I guess that’s to be expected lol. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

4.75" in the bucket from yesterday. Just a touch over 5" storm total. Not bad. Definitely lucked out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow...just 2.4" over here on Beech.    46 mph max gust.  Rain really underperformed for sure here.